Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leicester Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will post this in the wider forums but this is good news. First batch of largely available residential chargers in and around Blaby.

Charging points coming to district – Blaby District Council

seriously why bother.... 7Kw chargers!! may as well plug in at home!! Seems a waste of £77K to me as 7kw are almost obsolete :(

The twelve 7kw twin chargers will be placed in car parks across the district to increase Council’s car park offering and ensure electric vehicles are accessible to all, especially residents who may not have the access to a charging point at home.

Charging points will be located in:

• Leicester Road, Narborough
  • Weavers Court, Narborough
  • Enderby Road, Blaby

seriously why bother.... 7Kw chargers!! may as well plug in at home!! Seems a waste of £77K to me as 7kw are almost obsolete :(

The twelve 7kw twin chargers will be placed in car parks across the district to increase Council’s car park offering and ensure electric vehicles are accessible to all, especially residents who may not have the access to a charging point at home.

Charging points will be located in:

• Leicester Road, Narborough
  • Weavers Court, Narborough
  • Enderby Road, Blaby
Maybe so owners without a drive can charge overnight that live nearby? I think sorting that out is a much bigger issue than installing more rapids if mass EV adoption is to happen.

Maybe so owners without a drive can charge overnight that live nearby? I think sorting that out is a much bigger issue than installing more rapids if mass EV adoption is to happen.
i think this too.

Too much fast charging ruins the battery so having a large number of lower speed chargers in an area designed for people to leave their cars for longer durations, I think is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: m3gt2 and davidmc
For those in Leicestershire. I asked about running a cable and got a reply based on not furthering the EV revolution in Leicestershire.

Let's hope the destination chargers pick up the slack

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-164753~2.png
    Screenshot_20201124-164753~2.png
    659 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20201124-164739~2.png
    Screenshot_20201124-164739~2.png
    360.2 KB · Views: 38