Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leicester Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fosse Park West car park is open for click and collect at Next and coffees at Costa.

Note sure if chargers are on and working yet as not visited but may do later.
Nipped by just now and they have a red fence up to stop access to any of the charging bays. WPD van was seen earlier too, so I'd imagine they still have some bits to do. Hopefully it's not long now.

Reactions: davidmc
Same here, just nipped passed but charge area closed off. Hopefully open soon
I charged today!

5pm on charging stall 1A. Reckon I may have been the very first... waiting for someone else to claim top spot!

Attachments

• 20210402_170552.jpg
    20210402_170552.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 110
Also visited today. All 8 bays full for a short time too. It can be accessed from A563, and go back to M1 the same way ( I.e. don’t need to go through retail park )
There are 2 exits from the new car park. One that is the same way you enter the car park and the other if you drive towards the new Next and you will see it on the left, note that this one takes you to the south of Leicester and not the motorway so use the one you came in by if you need to head that way.

Reactions: s88ats
The irony is that I have a home charger on Octopus Agile so I'll mostly be charging at home (albeit more slowly) but it's nice to know we're on the map!

handy for me visiting my parents as I come off that junction onto the A563 and the M1 has sod all else heading up from the m25. Can imagine it might get pretty busy for those continuing up the M1 too

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
I'll be heading up to you lovely foxes on Friday. I'm hoping to make it to the Fosse park charger without too much range anxiety (I won't be stopping at my usual Newport charger prematurely). I'm after some advice as I'm unsure as to what to do, head back onto the M1 or go along the A5460 to get to Belgrave/Rushey fields.

I usually exit at 21a and go down the A46 up to Birstall to avoid the local traffic but I'll be exiting at 21 for a charge and I'm not sure going back to the M1 would be better. My guts telling me A5460 would be the best option, but what do the locals recommend?

I'll be heading up to you lovely foxes on Friday. I'm hoping to make it to the Fosse park charger without too much range anxiety (I won't be stopping at my usual Newport charger prematurely). I'm after some advice as I'm unsure as to what to do, head back onto the M1 or go along the A5460 to get to Belgrave/Rushey fields.

I usually exit at 21a and go down the A46 up to Birstall to avoid the local traffic but I'll be exiting at 21 for a charge and I'm not sure going back to the M1 would be better. My guts telling me A5460 would be the best option, but what do the locals recommend?

well firstly check its open as it isn't at the moment..

I'm still a relative newbie -- so, grateful for help with what I think is a relevant question. From what I can tell, the chargers in Leicester are "V3". I have a 2017 Model S75D, with a Type 2 charging port -- do the cables in a V3 charging station fit this port?

I know that I can get the port changed so that the V3 cables fit. Would this give me faster charging speeds? Would my Type 2 cable still fit in the new port?