Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leilani Munter thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was one of the most powerful, passionate and well written speeches I have ever heard. I was moved and inspired at the same time. She is a genuine young lady with a strong spirit and conviction to work towards what she believes is RIGHT.

I feel exactly the same way.
Also, Leilani was very generous with her time speaking with people over the weekend and was very warm and friendly; an absoute joy to speak with. She expressed how hard she worked on preparing her speech and it showed. I think it really meant a lot to her. She gained a lot of new fans this weekend, myself included :).

New videos from the Sunday drive have been posted (if you haven't noticed already). They should work on iOS.

teslive2013 on TESLIVE 2013

teslive2013 on TESLIVE 2013

teslamnl.gif

Our comment to Leilani was that her talk brought us both inside her head and her heart. What everyone heard was genuine and I believe all of us have both a new fellow owner/TMC contributor and a credible public voice with access to both government and media.

Cheers Leilani, it was a pleasure to have met you and Colene and I look forward to seeing again next year!

Dave and Colene

She only read from a note when quoting a poem. I'm pretty sure she's given the speech before, or a variation of it at least, but it was delivered earnestly and from what I saw people at the conference were pretty moved by it.

She did use notes but I was among a group that was part of almost hour long discussion with George B and Leilani. When some of us told her we were very moved, almost to tears, she said she had to use notes to overcome the emotion of it all and had in fact rehearsed the the most difficult sections many times to be able to control her own emotions.

This was from the heart to be sure

George was amazing. They guy's energy and enthusiasm knows no bounds. He also had some very interesting comments about Tesla's dealings with German manufacturers and the odds of some future retrofits for current owners like front parking sensors ever seeing the light of day.

Last edited:
I agree completely , she did a great job and of course we know where she stands. She stands with us helping trying to move the world and were not trying to take away from that. I was sitting fairly close to the stage and yes it seemed like every 3 words or so she was reading from her paper. Still a moving and touching session non the less just a observation. I still consider her an ally and more over a good friend i hope she comes next year as well

Wouldn't be surprised to see her take her recently ordered Model S and be the first to drive it all over the world... do a little racing, do a little educating, perhaps the basis for the movie (documentary?) she hinted at. Great sponsorship op.

First Model S to hit every continent?

You had to see her in person. Some people might not be 'natural' public speakers, and might to need to have a written script/talk (if you have never done any, and also with cameras on you, it is a lot harder than it looks...). She was really moving and spoke with passion. Off stage she was friendly, approachable, articulate, self-effacing, brilliant. Quite a spokesperson...we are lucky to have her.

Wouldn't be surprised to see her take her recently ordered Model S and be the first to drive it all over the world... do a little racing, do a little educating, perhaps the basis for the movie (documentary?) she hinted at. Great sponsorship op.

Agree 100%. Hope that Leilani will come to Europe with her Model S. It would be a very good way to advertise the Model S.

She mentioned something about using a "one of a kind" silver Model S for the movie, but wouldn't say more about it.
My guess is that it is some sort of Model S race car.

tesla_ns_32813_600.jpg

Last edited:
She is pretty awesome. I am not into racing, especially on oval tracks, but I have been autocrossing my S(so fun) and only know of her through the forum here. She is a very, very nice and genuine person and was very happy to be in the company she was. I now actually have someone to root for in the auto racing 'industry' (and really hope nothing bad ever happens to her because I will be reaaly sad)

Presentation was excellent. Made my eyes water a little....

Come on! Give the lady a break! I watched the live stream and I was extremely impressed and inspired by what Leilani had to say. ...

Just back in Madrid, Spain, after this superb event.

I am proud to say I was there in person to listen to her talk and to later thank her in person for the fantastic job she did.

She had a lot to say and not many could say so much, so well, and with so much genuine heart-felt emotion, without reading it. What she said, and how she said it, was everything. It was spectacular and very moving (I and a few of the Tesla employees present confided later that we had teared up a bit during her talk :) ).

Leilani, you did awesome.