Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lemon Model X (FL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I definitely have a lemon X. Too late to opt-out of arbitration. But the office of state attorney has mentioned to me that during my negotiations with Tesla, I should be able to get a replacement vehicle for up to 105% of the original price or just get the repurchase amount minus the offset. The tesla lawyer is willing to repurchase but is not agreeing to replace the vehicle. He states that there is no vehicle available for replacement and is purposely being vague and will not provide much more information. My question is does Tesla have the option to not provide the replacement option if they agree that it is a lemon?

Hi All, I definitely have a lemon X. Too late to opt-out of arbitration. But the office of state attorney has mentioned to me that during my negotiations with Tesla, I should be able to get a replacement vehicle for up to 105% of the original price or just get the repurchase amount minus the offset. The tesla lawyer is willing to repurchase but is not agreeing to replace the vehicle. He states that there is no vehicle available for replacement and is purposely being vague and will not provide much more information. My question is does Tesla have the option to not provide the replacement option if they agree that it is a lemon?
we have started to believe we have a lemon because of continued issue with suspension. Vehicle has been to service center around 4 times and fifth time they wouldn't even acknowledge there is an issue. we have a video documentation of the issue and Tesla wouldn't even acknowledge or talk to us other than telling us to pick up the car. what are my options at this time. Do you guys just move on with the lemon lawyer. If so any recommendations.
We love the car but it has been frustrating to own and bring it back to repair. The car has been to the service at least 10 times between just suspension and AC issue. I didn't mention other repairs yet.
any help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
we have started to believe we have a lemon because of continued issue with suspension. Vehicle has been to service center around 4 times and fifth time they wouldn't even acknowledge there is an issue. we have a video documentation of the issue and Tesla wouldn't even acknowledge or talk to us other than telling us to pick up the car. what are my options at this time. Do you guys just move on with the lemon lawyer. If so any recommendations.
We love the car but it has been frustrating to own and bring it back to repair. The car has been to the service at least 10 times between just suspension and AC issue. I didn't mention other repairs yet.
the care is in florida and The issue started few weeks after we purchased and the car has been going back and forth to the service center since August 2019

Upvote 0

Check with a lemon law lawyer asap. You are not on the hook for any of their fees - Tesla is. And you still get you full cut.

Also, has your vehicle been in the shop for more than 30 days (cumulatively)? There are a few criteria’s and it seems like you should qualify for a buyback.

Upvote 0