Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lending Agreement vs MVPA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got a delivery confirmation for my Model 3 and my VIN is shown in a "Lending agreement". However I have seen pictures others have posted for a different looking document and that's titled "MVPA".
I'm financing via Tesla. Wondering what's the difference between the two

I recently got a delivery confirmation for my Model 3 and my VIN is shown in a "Lending agreement". However I have seen pictures others have posted for a different looking document and that's titled "MVPA".
I'm financing via Tesla. Wondering what's the difference between the two

You get a MVPA "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" no matter what form of payment you use. Even if you pay "cash" (check, etc) out of your own pocket, you still get a MVPA. If you are borrowing money through some financial institution, you would also have a lending agreement that details interest rates etc.

The lending agreement is an agreement between you and whatever lender you are borrowing the money from for the terms of the loan.

Thats the difference. This isnt different than buying any other new car and financing it, just the forms may have different names.

Thanks for clarifying. Where can I find my MVPA then? Will it show up once I have made the payment?

You should see it somewhere in your account, since it has the final amounts that you are being billed for, etc. Check your online account for it, or contact your delivery center that confirmed your appointment for it. I would want to see it before I accepted financing, if it were me. I didnt use tesla financing though so not sure on their exact workflow, but you should see your MVPA before fully accepting the financing in my opinion.