Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lenexa, KS - Tesla Repair Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Would be nicer (for me at least) if they would put this in one of the other population centers in the state. I’d argue that Kansas City, MO covers the KC metro area. I guess there are enough customers in KC to warrant a second location 10 miles away from the existing service location instead of putting one in Wichita or one of the other population centers in the state. Maybe the plans are to move from their current location and still only keep a single site open. After all, the current service center location is (at least) the 2nd site they have had in the KC metro area.

Would be nicer (for me at least) if they would put this in one of the other population centers in the state. I’d argue that Kansas City, MO covers the KC metro area. I guess there are enough customers in KC to warrant a second location 10 miles away from the existing service location instead of putting one in Wichita or one of the other population centers in the state. Maybe the plans are to move from their current location and still only keep a single site open. After all, the current service center location is (at least) the 2nd site they have had in the KC metro area.
Where outside of KC would they build it? Geographically and population wise the only other city that I see where it would make sense is Wichita.

They have one in Des Moine, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Omaha, and now two in the KC metro area. If they want Wichita/Kansas buyers they need to pony up with support. I have a MYLR on order but am concerned about a lot of QC issue I am seeing on this forum. I don’t want to drive 200 miles for service. I had a M3LR….and mobile service was great. But I never had any significant problems.

It seems dumb to me that with 80,000 sq miles in Kansas, even though the population is heavier on the eastern edge, to put their only service center in Kansas at the extreme edge of the state, within spitting distance of one of their Missouri service centers? Salina, although smaller than Wichita or Topeka, is at the center of two major highways in the center of the state, and it's a much larger town than Lenexa.

This is a few miles from my house. I think the reason they are building this is because the other one is out of room. Last time I was at the State Line location the guy told me they were having to borrow parking areas from neighboring buildings just to store cars that were being delivered and that they were turning over the whole parking lot every week. I would think of this as more of an extension of the current service center than a second one.

This is a few miles from my house. I think the reason they are building this is because the other one is out of room. Last time I was at the State Line location the guy told me they were having to borrow parking areas from neighboring buildings just to store cars that were being delivered and that they were turning over the whole parking lot every week. I would think of this as more of an extension of the current service center than a second one.
I stopped by the State Line location to pick up a mobile connector 14-50P they were holding for me in late June. Looking around I guessed that they had something like 500 cars parked around their buildings. Turning that level of inventory weekly, no wonder they are building another close to it. Likely quite a few of those are for Hertz and other rentals? That's a stark contrast to the location where I took delivery, they had 2 demo cars in the lot and 2 people staffing the store. Since then I was back once and they had a couple working in service also.

Looks like Lenexa City Council did pass and construction has started.

Tesla Auto Repair, Final Plat

Project NameTesla Auto Repair, Final Plat
Project IDPT22-14F
Application TypeFinal Plat
StatusApproved
DescriptionConsideration of a final plat for a 35,095 square foot auto repair building. This is a replat of part of Lot 2, Lackman Business Center subdivision.
Site Address15125 101st Terrace
Planning Commission ActionRA = Recommended Approval
Planning Commission Date06/06/2022
Governing Body ActionA = Approved
Governing Body Date06/21/2022
Parcel IDIP33920000 0002
Approximate LocationSW Corner 101st Terrace & Lackman Road
Phone(913) 477-7729
CityLenexa
StateKS
Link to ReportsMore info

Reactions: ferventcoder
I stopped by the State Line location to pick up a mobile connector 14-50P they were holding for me in late June. Looking around I guessed that they had something like 500 cars parked around their buildings. Turning that level of inventory weekly, no wonder they are building another close to it. Likely quite a few of those are for Hertz and other rentals? That's a stark contrast to the location where I took delivery, they had 2 demo cars in the lot and 2 people staffing the store. Since then I was back once and they had a couple working in service also.
Most (all?) cars going to Oklahoma go through KC. Tesla can't sell in OK so we have to go to KC to pick up our cars. That's a major driver of volume through that store.