Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Length of EDD range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is amazing how a 1 trillion company with such a technologically advanced product has such a jittery and unpredictable order tracking system. After reading all the folks in this forum who talked to their SAs and got an internal production date, I asked mine and got the standard:

Hitting my EDD window again tomorrow morning and I have no clue when my turn will come. It could be tomorrow. It could be next month. It could be EOQ. It could be next quarter. Insane!
Did you ever get your car? Any updates?

Reactions: PasadenaM3
Congrats, glad it worked out for you and hope the car is living up to expectations!
It certainly has so far. Courteous delivery team (got delivered the morning after VIN/manufacturing). No obvious fit and finish issues. Registration was handled in a timely manner. Mobile service has been easy to schedule. Even the one service visit was handled really well (except for Uber credits instead of loaner, but I live close to the service center and Uber credits wasn't that inconvenient except for not covering tips).

Mind sharing your timeline around vin assignment and delivery? Today is the first day of my month long range and I haven’t seen anything positive happen at all but apparently my car is scheduled to leave the factory in less than a week. No narrowing of the range, no VIN, nothing has happened in the app that would leave me to believe that anything is happening.

Reactions: arch0n
Mind sharing your timeline around vin assignment and delivery? Today is the first day of my month long range and I haven’t seen anything positive happen at all but apparently my car is scheduled to leave the factory in less than a week. No narrowing of the range, no VIN, nothing has happened in the app that would leave me to believe that anything is happening.
Sure. I live less than 25 miles from the Fremont factory and initially when I completed profile I was only offered a factory pickup and no home delivery. VIN assignment was on a Monday morning, and automated text to schedule only offered delivery slots on the Friday of the same week. Butlater on the VIN assignment day someone contacted me over text to ask if they can deliver it the next day morning (i.e., Tuesday morning). I paid using the app/Plaid on the same day, and next day car was in the driveway. The person who delivered waited until I accepted the delivery and was able to open the car. He probably would have waited until I did a cursory walkthrough but not sure would have entertained a detailed checklist check before acceptance since his ride back to delivery center came right away. Miles on delivery was just drive from nearest delivery center (few miles) and not drive from the factory. So apparently they trucked the vehicle to the delivery center and drove from the delivery center, all in less than 24 hours.

Here is my post with my EDD journey:

Sure. I live less than 25 miles from the Fremont factory and initially when I completed profile I was only offered a factory pickup and no home delivery. VIN assignment was on a Monday morning, and automated text to schedule only offered delivery slots on the Friday of the same week. Butlater on the VIN assignment day someone contacted me over text to ask if they can deliver it the next day morning (i.e., Tuesday morning). I paid using the app/Plaid on the same day, and next day car was in the driveway. The person who delivered waited until I accepted the delivery and was able to open the car. He probably would have waited until I did a cursory walkthrough but not sure would have entertained a detailed checklist check before acceptance since his ride back to delivery center came right away. Miles on delivery was just drive from nearest delivery center (few miles) and not drive from the factory. So apparently they trucked the vehicle to the delivery center and drove from the delivery center, all in less than 24 hours.

Here is my post with my EDD journey:

I am having some confusion because I am in the delivery window (for the third or fourth time) but my window is still a whole month. SA is saying my car is being build next week and should be here on Friday or Saturday but still no reduction of the EDD at all. I would think that the EDD range would drop down to 2 weeks at least if there is already a build date so soon coming up.