Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

length of service center repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi. was wondering how long your repairs have taken? my cars been in the shop for about 10 days now and was curious as to how long it can take. most of my issues were with panel gaps, but also getting the garage opener installed and a wheel alignment. luckily i have a loaner.

replies appreciate. 🙏

Something doesn't seem right. Have you tried calling the Service Center to get an update on your vehicle? Perhaps parts needed to be ordered. Normally Tesla Mobile Service can install Homelink at your location. Any tire center can perform the alignment.

Reactions: Pianewman
Something doesn't seem right. Have you tried calling the Service Center to get an update on your vehicle? Perhaps parts needed to be ordered. Normally Tesla Mobile Service can install Homelink at your location. Any tire center can perform the alignment.

While I agree with your general premise here, this OP said:

most of my issues were with panel gaps,

Which, depending on what they might or might not have to do, could require more work.

Tesla may be able to adjust the panel gaps of the hood, door or the rear hatch but this should not take 10 days. Besides, Tesla's SOP is to say that most panel gaps are within spec.

If that was the case, they would not have taken the car in for panel gaps though, right (within spec)?. So, I am assuming (yeah I know, that word) that there was "something different" about this case, since the op believes panel gaps are being addressed.

hi. was wondering how long your repairs have taken? my cars been in the shop for about 10 days now and was curious as to how long it can take. most of my issues were with panel gaps, but also getting the garage opener installed and a wheel alignment. luckily i have a loaner.

replies appreciate. 🙏
This sounds EXACTLY like my 2nd MY initial service center visit. It was for hood dimples, homelink and alignment.

Took about 10 days as well, but I was able to track the location of the car and it spent most of the time waiting at the body shop for the hood dimple fix. They had a slew of cars waiting, so that is the main reason for my delay. YMMV.

Homelink and alignment was done after the body shop work. But mine was *only* the hood. No other panels (but they said they had to adjust the quarter panels as well (to fix the hood dimples).

Mine took about a week I had the rear subframe replaced no panel gaps. Don't bother trying to call the service center you'll fall into an endless loop of automated redirects and voice-mail boxes. Your only hope of speking to the local SC on the phone is to implore them from the Tesla app's messaging feature to call you back.

My car has been in the S/C for three days and counting. They ordered the needed part before I took the car in and supposedly had the part in hand when I dropped off my car. Before I got there I was told the repair would be done the same day. When I gave them the car they said to expect the repair to be completed the next day. Two days later and I'm now being told a MINIMUM of five business days (with the weekend and the long holiday, that puts me out of a car for over a week). Had I known this I would have rescheduled as I have two small kids, guests in town and lots of events planned for the weekend...and no car. I didn't get a loaner because I expected to have my car back the same/next day. I've now asked for a loaner since the repair is taking so long...crickets...not even a courtesy reply. I mean come on...

Edit: For reference, this is not a panel gap issue, but a modem failure to be replaced under warranty.

Last edited:
Ours added an after hours service schedule? Nothing major but the last service they did for handful of small things, they took it in the afternoon and had a completed by 2am. Parked ready for pickup in the morning.