Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less regen after new software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if anyone has experienced less regen after the last few software updates, both my S and X don’t seem to regen as much when first driving. The last few days when the temp was 62 plus the yellow dotted line seem to stay much longer than before. This is much different than it has been since purchasing both cars many years ago.

Wonder if anyone has experienced less regen after the last few software updates, both my S and X don’t seem to regen as much when first driving. The last few days when the temp was 62 plus the yellow dotted line seem to stay much longer than before. This is much different than it has been since purchasing both cars many years ago.

Yes and yes. Welcome to battery gate / charge gate. They seem to have dumbed the cars down somewhat in order to preserve battery life but I agree the car I have today is not the one I bought. It does seem recent updates are really geared toward pampering the battery above all else.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve

They are further improving longevity of the pack. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
I have two model S's and a new X. The new X and the 2017 S both on 2020.4.1 have this problem with almost no regen. The 2015 model S still has normal regen, but it is still on 2019.40.2.3. I would rather have the regen back, I think it is safer to drive with one petal than to have to go back to using the brake to stop.

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier