TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Less than 2 months away and no agenda available?

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by ecarfan, May 25, 2014.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I've watched the TMC Connect web page for months now and have yet to see any description of what the event will consist of. The "Event Details" link goes nowhere. Am I missing something?

As a Model S and TSLA owner I'm naturally interested in attending the event but am reluctant to hand over hundreds of dollars without knowing what I am getting for that price.

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I have already registered, but I, too, have been waiting patiently for an idea of what I can expect.

3. A-E

A-E Vendor

I would like to sponsor and support the event but can't seem to get any info?

4. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I am getting a little antsy here. I did not attend last year's event so I do not know what is reasonable to expect. My concern is that I am driving my Model S out to California for this event. My scheduled drive is going to be 4,519.3 miles and over 100 hours of drive time (according to evtripplanner.com). I really would like to know the event schedule or at least ANYTHING related to this event so I can rest assured that my time and money have been invested wisely. At this point ANY news would be greatly appreciated.

5. gmark2000

gmark2000 Member

I got the sexy email, but is it worth my while spending $1000+ coming to this event?? No idea at this point.

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Check out the Teslive event from last year. It was a blast and well worth attending. Also don't forget the community - half the fun is meeting all kinds of people from these forums IRL.

7. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I'm also wondering about the schedule. Do they have the speaker's list yet? It takes time to put together a good presentation.

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

It will still be a little bit before we have a detailed agenda as lots of moving pieces fall into place, things are shaping up great. The main outline is Friday evening reception, Saturday talks with general and breakout sessions (some of our speakers include Diarmuid O'Connell from Tesla, Tom Gage of ACP fame, etc), lunch time table topics (which I want you guys to suggest), Sunday breakfast and REFUEL. The company of great people with great weather in a great venue with great cars.

I'll work on updating the website this weekend. Early bird pricing ends on Monday.

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

A quick web search ("engage stalker mode!") shows this to be an interesting speaker. Definitely looking forward to it!

10. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

You could at least provide a link, so that us fellow stalkers don't have to try so hard :) There's quite a bit of video content out there as well.

11. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

If you're really good you'll find the audio interview I did with him at the 2009 Model S premiere.