Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less Than 2wks Old And Scratched. What can I do?

Airhawker

Jul 17, 2016
Stevenson Ranch
Received my car a few weeks back and a buddy of mine dropped his baseball bag while removing it from my trunk. I originally thought it was just some dirt, but after cleaning it is a much more noticeable scratch. Is there something I can do that would make it dissappear? Or do I need to repaint the entire bumper?

Thanks for any insight!

Attachments

• IMG_20160810_112900.jpg
    IMG_20160810_112900.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 103

gekkota

Sep 18, 2013
Illinois
If you have a drill and want to try to fix yourself, this has worked for me:

3M 39071 Scratch Removal System

I would only use the "fine" polishing pad and see how much it corrects.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
Received my car a few weeks back and a buddy of mine dropped his baseball bag while removing it from my trunk. I originally thought it was just some dirt, but after cleaning it is a much more noticeable scratch. Is there something I can do that would make it dissappear? Or do I need to repaint the entire bumper?

Thanks for any insight!
There are many light abrasive scratch removers at any auto store. Looks kind of severe, but try that first. Then have a pro touch up if that doesn't work.

Reactions: Airhawker

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC