Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less than 48 hrs before delivery, no MVPA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that was a *sugar* show. I showed up to my appointment without an MVPA and they said no problem, we'll get it generated.
They were running a little behind so an hour after my appointment time they call me over to sign papers, but the contract they are having me sign has no mention of my trade in. So they are like crap, it's going to take an hour to generate a new contract. That was try 1

Let me just say that if you financed through tesla the contract they have you sign is ridiculous. It has no meation of the $3,500 you already paid and no where on there does it list the amount you're supposed to write a check for. Making the whole thing extra confusing. Instead the amount you owe them is written on a little sticky note.

So then they come back with contract #2 this time it has my trade in, but they have mysteriously reduced the amount from financed and increased my rate? So back to waiting another hour for a new contract.

On try 3 the contract looks correct except this time the little sticky note that shows how much I owe them in cash has mysterious increased by $1,000? I get out my calculator to show them that the number they wrote down is wrong. I refuse to sign those papers until I talk to my IDA who I miraculously get on the phone (I actually had a really awesome IDA, the contract stuff wasn't his fault). I have him send me and the delivery center an email showing the unpaid balance I owe.

So Try 4 with email in "hand" everything finally looks right, I sign and get my car (4 hours later).

Oh and by the way it has deep scratches on the underside of the front bumper, but oh well I guess that's what due bills are for?

Overall this was definitely not an improvement over the dealership model in my opinion, it's just the way the pain is inflicted is different.
Love the car though.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
So that was a *sugar* show. I showed up to my appointment without an MVPA and they said no problem, we'll get it generated.
They were running a little behind so an hour after my appointment time they call me over to sign papers, but the contract they are having me sign has no mention of my trade in. So they are like crap, it's going to take an hour to generate a new contract. That was try 1

Let me just say that if you financed through tesla the contract they have you sign is ridiculous. It has no meation of the $3,500 you already paid and no where on there does it list the amount you're supposed to write a check for. Making the whole thing extra confusing. Instead the amount you owe them is written on a little sticky note.

So then they come back with contract #2 this time it has my trade in, but they have mysteriously reduced the amount from financed and increased my rate? So back to waiting another hour for a new contract.

On try 3 the contract looks correct except this time the little sticky note that shows how much I owe them in cash has mysterious increased by $1,000? I get out my calculator to show them that the number they wrote down is wrong. I refuse to sign those papers until I talk to my IDA who I miraculously get on the phone (I actually had a really awesome IDA, the contract stuff wasn't his fault). I have him send me and the delivery center an email showing the unpaid balance I owe.

So Try 4 with email in "hand" everything finally looks right, I sign and get my car (4 hours later).

Oh and by the way it has deep scratches on the underside of the front bumper, but oh well I guess that's what due bills are for?

Overall this was definitely not an improvement over the dealership model in my opinion, it's just the way the pain is inflicted is different.
Love the car though.
Yes ,sounds like my typical car buying drama smh. At least the car is AWESOME sauce!:D

P.s- In my dealings with Tesla vs regular dealer ...I always feel that the Dealer is trying to pull 1 over and Tesla is just plain communicationally screwed up from top to bottom lol vis a vie summarized in a mass text haha

Last edited:
How'd you get an appointment with inception so quick? My tint appointment is in 3 weeks.

I'd love to see your car after it's done though. I'm still debating between 35 and 45 w inception.
Here's the car after 35 tint and ceramic coating...
Tesla after tint.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Reeler and Sg911
Picked up the car yesterday. There was a fair amount of last minute drama, since they couldn't get an MVPA to my lender before the banks closed on Friday; thought I was going to have to push delivery into next week, but on Friday my IDA said that Tesla finance would honor my (pretty low) rate by cutting me a check for the difference in interest.

Then I got to the service center yesterday and the paperwork reflected none of this; still had me listed as a third party finance deal. At about 9 pm last night, they worked the deal through internally to get me a rate match (no check--just a lower rate loan), and I finally drove off.

Guy at the Tyson's Service Center said they delivered 80 cars yesterday. The facility is built for 20.