TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Less than 48hrs in and someone drove into the back of me :(

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by NigelT, Dec 7, 2019.

1. NigelT

NigelT Member

Picked my car up on Thursday and this afternoon barely 2 days later someone drove into the back of me. So disappointing, also I wasn't able to get dashcam from the rear camera as the software is so old - (2019.31.102.2) as a side note I really hope the TACC improves in newer software as it is terrible right now for me.

Please join me and share in an outpouring of grief...

(At the end of the day no one was injured and that's the most important thing)

2. freekie

freekie Member

Really sorry to hear this spoiling of your new car. Hope it doesn’t complicate the post delivery fixes. Main thing as you say no one hurt. It might also soften how you feel when you acquire your alloy rashes as many do during the first week.

• Funny x 1
  3. rotor2k

rotor2k Member

Mate that’s rough.

4. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

I'm feeling it ...

5. elecTED

elecTED Member

Your pain is our pain.

Puts the light scratch I found today whilst washing the car into perspective.

6. Stew:

Stew: Member

:(:( Absolutely gutted for you !!
    it is a consolation that no one was hurt, but after the wait and anticipation attached to all Tesla purchases I feel your pain.
    How’s the post crash drama going ? Insurance ? Repair ?

7. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

Wait.

What does TACC have to do with it?
    Did TACC slam on the brakes on you and cause it?

Also what does dash cam feature have to do with “old software”, it has been around long before that version. Now there is a built in feature that does not need a USB stick supposedly. And that might be a more recent version.

Sorry for the accident, regardless. We feel your pain.

8. NigelT

NigelT Member

nothing to do with it. Just a pure side note.

i believe on v10 onwards dash cam includes the rear camera? That is what I meant.

• Disagree x 1
  9. NigelT

NigelT Member

that is probably the best way to sum It up.

10. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

How bad is it?

Claim within 100 miles? Lol

11. NigelT

NigelT Member

The funny thing is, it didn’t even have 100 miles on it.

12. Tatoo1

Tatoo1 Member

:( So gutted for you. Someone just dinged and scratched my rear door at a supermarket today, which was upsetting but being rear ended is tough. Glad everyone was ok.

13. Kitster

Kitster Member

Sucks dude. Glad all ok. Can you update us re the Tesla service dept speed of fixing?

14. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

Your right. I forget when rear was added though. I updated my car while waiting (inspecting) at delivery center ;)

15. Latibes

Latibes Member

Sorry your car got damaged. How did it happen? Was it a low speed incident?

16. Tessaract

Tessaract Member

Brother, I feel for you. Had the same thing happen to me on vacation 1000 miles from home this summer, rear-ended by an unlicensed uninsured driver. I was some pissed, and I imagine you must be too. The inconvenience is phenomenal, but the worst thing is looking at this beautiful car stoven in ... Glad no humans were hurt in the process.

17. antracing

antracing Member

Sorry to read that - same thing happened to mine last week as well. 3 weeks though for me. Had a model s delivered Friday while being repaired so at least some free supercharging for a while.

18. MacPaul

MacPaul Member

Did your insurance company arrange the S?

19. NigelT

NigelT Member

It was low speed, at some traffic lights... need to clean the car and take a look but it doesn’t look like anything is out of place apart from scratches and grazes to the bumper. Borderline whether or not its worth getting insurance involved for that.

What is really annoying (apart from the obvious haha) is 10 mins before I set off I had just booked in with a detailer to get it ceramic coated.

c'est la vie

20. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

If it helps, ceramic coat will not have made the slightest difference to the outcome. It wont stop scratches, grazes, stone chips etc and probably fortunate that you don't have ceramic coat on car when it comes down to getting it repaired.