Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less than 48hrs in and someone drove into the back of me :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my car up on Thursday and this afternoon barely 2 days later someone drove into the back of me. So disappointing, also I wasn't able to get dashcam from the rear camera as the software is so old - (2019.31.102.2) as a side note I really hope the TACC improves in newer software as it is terrible right now for me.

Please join me and share in an outpouring of grief...

(At the end of the day no one was injured and that's the most important thing)

Really sorry to hear this spoiling of your new car. Hope it doesn’t complicate the post delivery fixes. Main thing as you say no one hurt. It might also soften how you feel when you acquire your alloy rashes as many do during the first week.

• Funny
Reactions: JasontheBeaver
:(:( Absolutely gutted for you !!
it is a consolation that no one was hurt, but after the wait and anticipation attached to all Tesla purchases I feel your pain.
How’s the post crash drama going ? Insurance ? Repair ?

Wait.

What does TACC have to do with it?
Did TACC slam on the brakes on you and cause it?

Also what does dash cam feature have to do with “old software”, it has been around long before that version. Now there is a built in feature that does not need a USB stick supposedly. And that might be a more recent version.

Sorry for the accident, regardless. We feel your pain.

Wait.

What does TACC have to do with it?
Did TACC slam on the brakes on you and cause it?

Also what does dash cam feature have to do with “old software”, it has been around long before that version. Now there is a built in feature that does not need a USB stick supposedly. And that might be a more recent version.

Sorry for the accident, regardless. We feel your pain.

nothing to do with it. Just a pure side note.

i believe on v10 onwards dash cam includes the rear camera? That is what I meant.

• Disagree
Reactions: suauk123
Picked my car up on Thursday and this afternoon barely 2 days later someone drove into the back of me. So disappointing, also I wasn't able to get dashcam from the rear camera as the software is so old - (2019.31.102.2) as a side note I really hope the TACC improves in newer software as it is terrible right now for me.

Please join me and share in an outpouring of grief...

(At the end of the day no one was injured and that's the most important thing)
Brother, I feel for you. Had the same thing happen to me on vacation 1000 miles from home this summer, rear-ended by an unlicensed uninsured driver. I was some pissed, and I imagine you must be too. The inconvenience is phenomenal, but the worst thing is looking at this beautiful car stoven in ... Glad no humans were hurt in the process.

Sorry your car got damaged. How did it happen? Was it a low speed incident?

It was low speed, at some traffic lights... need to clean the car and take a look but it doesn’t look like anything is out of place apart from scratches and grazes to the bumper. Borderline whether or not its worth getting insurance involved for that.

What is really annoying (apart from the obvious haha) is 10 mins before I set off I had just booked in with a detailer to get it ceramic coated.

c'est la vie

What is really annoying (apart from the obvious haha) is 10 mins before I set off I had just booked in with a detailer to get it ceramic coated.

If it helps, ceramic coat will not have made the slightest difference to the outcome. It wont stop scratches, grazes, stone chips etc and probably fortunate that you don't have ceramic coat on car when it comes down to getting it repaired.