Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less than four days to go, No reports of lines outside of Tesla stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, you'd really have to be a nut to line up DAYS ahead of time. I'll be at the local mall before they open for the day, but I'm not sure by how much time yet.

No matter how carefully I plan it, I just know I'll have to go pee at some point, and that will be the longest few hours ever!

I'm contemplating taking a folding chair, but with my luck I won't need it, then I'll have to lug it around the mall.....

Last edited:
I was visiting the in-laws and we were in the Natick,MA mall in either case. Walked by the Tesla store, so I popped in to see if they're expecting a line on the 31st.

The girl working there thought it'd be crazy on the 31st. She said she's only been there for an hour that day, but already had 3 people calling saying they'd be camping out. She said she gets a lot of those calls everyday for the past few weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: forumman83
This Black Friday - lets mimic Apple mentality is absolutely a horrible idea. I don't want to wait out in cold rain hot Sun etc in line for my chance to place reservation. Some of us planned ahead - booked hotel - train ride etc to store location = some of us were smart and over a month and 1/2 ago made an appointment - like intelligent people - to make our reservation.

Tesla in their infinite "wisdom" has decided to make this a free for all zoo like situation = which really doesn't appeal to me and honestly had me rethinking going to Chicago to put our money down.

Employees and current car owners get jump in queue. Why do smart people who booked appointment not get a similar consideration for thinking ahead?

I thought Tesla was about doing things different. If your just doing things the way others do them - this isn't thinking outside the box or doing things in a new way.

Reactions: dhanson865
This Black Friday - lets mimic Apple mentality is absolutely a horrible idea. I don't want to wait out in cold rain hot Sun etc in line for my chance to place reservation. Some of us planned ahead - booked hotel - train ride etc to store location = some of us were smart and over a month and 1/2 ago made an appointment - like intelligent people - to make our reservation.

Tesla in their infinite "wisdom" has decided to make this a free for all zoo like situation = which really doesn't appeal to me and honestly had me rethinking going to Chicago to put our money down.

Employees and current car owners get jump in queue. Why do smart people who booked appointment not get a similar consideration for thinking ahead?

I thought Tesla was about doing things different. If your just doing things the way others do them - this isn't thinking outside the box or doing things in a new way.

If Tesla was doing an appointment system for reservations then they would need to have some way of determining who gets to make the first appointments. To be fair they would need to open reservations for reservation appointments at a certain time, maybe the best way would be to have people queue for those. Of course, maybe it would be more fair if instead you could get an appointment for a reservation appointment reservation, but then they would have to open that up to everyone at the same time...

I was visiting the in-laws and we were in the Natick,MA mall in either case. Walked by the Tesla store, so I popped in to see if they're expecting a line on the 31st.

The girl working there thought it'd be crazy on the 31st. She said she's only been there for an hour that day, but already had 3 people calling saying they'd be camping out. She said she gets a lot of those calls everyday for the past few weeks.
I'm not sure where these people think they're camping out - in the garage? The mall isn't letting people sleep inside overnight.

?????
I'm going to guess that no one here has seen Tam's 10 pg (so far) thread on this very subject, the excellent Google spreadsheet that details the plans of the over 300 (so far) folks in 10 counties who've committed to either lining up or camping out.
All is revealed here: Let's do a spreadsheet for the 31st!

@Mad Hungarian, I was poking a bit of fun at those of us who are obsessing about reserving a car we won't get for at least 15 months. While I freely admit to being obsessive, I have retained just enough rationality to try to laugh at myself.

That being said, you should expect my first post from outside the Paramus Route 17 Tesla store early Wednesday evening. BTW, does anyone own a food truck that can come around and feed me breakfast?

@Mad Hungarian, I was poking a bit of fun at those of us who are obsessing about reserving a car we won't get for at least 15 months. While I freely admit to being obsessive, I have retained just enough rationality to try to laugh at myself.

That being said, you should expect my first post from outside the Paramus Route 17 Tesla store early Wednesday evening. BTW, does anyone own a food truck that can come around and feed me breakfast?
My bad, I was quite convinced you were serious (insert sheepish facial expression here)
Obsessed?
Us?
Really?
You're kidding again. Right? o_O

Considering the priority methods they've come up with, it probably won't do a whole lot of good to be first in line. The only reason I am still even going to the store to reserve is that I'd hate to take a chance at delaying my car by another six months just because I didn't go, but I doubt getting there early vs showing up at 1pm would make much difference. As a non S/X owner, non Tesla employee, non SpaceX employee and non west coast resident, I'm pretty much screwed at getting an early car anyway, despite planning to buy this thing since 2006.