Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less the ideal delivery process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 is supposed to be delivered this afternoon but I have got a call from the delivery center saying that AC isn't working and they are not sure what's wrong as the SC is busy with other vehicles. They are not sure when they are going to look at it to give me a new potential delivery date. All my plans are upset (PTO, long road trip etc). I want to say even though I am very pro-Tesla and have a bit high tolerance level as I believe in their mission but this is not going go well with non-fanboys when you are dropping $50+k on a car.

While I believe that most of the deliveries are quick and seamless, there are sometimes issues, as have been well discussed on this forum and in the press.

If you had asked me when scheduling vacation, if you should do it right after or close to getting the Model 3, I would have recommended no. With the huge number of deliveries occurring, things are backing up. They are working at relief, but it doesn't happen instantaneously.

I just saw an article that indicated that the Model 3 was selling more mid-level luxury sedans that all other manufacturers combined.

Sorry for the issues, life just never happens the way we expect it to.

I agree with you on the long road trip plan but my wife I had to take PTOs for the delivery and we got the call couple of hours before our delivery time slot. This could have been easily avoided had they inspcted the vehicle a day ahead (they told me that they got the vehicle 3 days ago). And the sad part is they don't have a potential delivery date/time slot.

Reactions: C141medic