Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less well known Tesla features / information

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry everyone, just tried this but seems not to work.

Here was my source:
Fun fact, your phone is a literal card fob if you have NFC turned on : TeslaLounge

This is an interesting one. I saw it as well but never tried it.

I've just been out to the car and spent about 12 mins down there. I was able to get it to work twice.

Made sure my bluetooth was off (the app notified me I wouldn't be able to use the phone as a key) took off my nfc ring and tried it. It unlocked.
Couldn't get it to lock and thought maybe it only unlocks so locked it. I then couldn't open.

I restarted the phone, tried again... moving the phone around etc and it unlocked again. At this point I had to come back in to work.

I'll try some more as I know it WORKS since I've done it but it's definitely hit and miss. I wouldn't rely on it at the moment.

Edit to add: I use an android phone. (Galaxy S10+) if that makes a difference.

Reactions: Medved_77 and DaveW
I love creating driver profiles for different circumstances. Examples...

to add to that, i find the profiles I've set up for Hoover front and Hoover back very useful too as they put the seat as far back and forward (respectively) as it can go. Wish I could do the same on the passenger side!

Also, rear seat cushion comes out if you want a competely flat bed when putting the back seat down

Reactions: CMc1
to add to that, i find the profiles I've set up for Hoover front and Hoover back very useful too as they put the seat as far back and forward (respectively) as it can go. Wish I could do the same on the passenger side!

Also, rear seat cushion comes out if you want a competely flat bed when putting the back seat down

Bloody genius, I’ve been moving them back/forth each time like a right moron!

This is an interesting one. I saw it as well but never tried it.

I've just been out to the car and spent about 12 mins down there. I was able to get it to work twice.

Made sure my bluetooth was off (the app notified me I wouldn't be able to use the phone as a key) took off my nfc ring and tried it. It unlocked.
Couldn't get it to lock and thought maybe it only unlocks so locked it. I then couldn't open.

I restarted the phone, tried again... moving the phone around etc and it unlocked again. At this point I had to come back in to work.

I'll try some more as I know it WORKS since I've done it but it's definitely hit and miss. I wouldn't rely on it at the moment.

Edit to add: I use an android phone. (Galaxy S10+) if that makes a difference.
Works for me everytime, but I'm not sure if just pairing phone to car is enough compared to installing the app. My pixel always works as an NFC card regardless of Bluetooth state.

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio and Mark77a
Wondering. Now IOS14 is with us and enabled NFC can you do the same with an iPhone/Watch. Just wondering.

I think it'd need app support, not sure how else you get it in the Apple Wallet

I'd like to understand what the difference is between putting the car in P with a quick tap, or holding the button for a few seconds and putting it in a red P. Is that like uber Park mode or something :)

It is a stronger parking brake, for steep hills etc.. don't think I've ever used it :)

I don't know if it's well known or not, but I find sharing locations with the car navigation, from my phone, very handy.

It only seems to work from the Google Maps app, rather than from Chrome, but it's still very useful.

I have an Android phone. Does similar exist with Apple?

Luke

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
I don't know if it's well known or not, but I find sharing locations with the car navigation, from my phone, very handy.

It only seems to work from the Google Maps app, rather than from Chrome, but it's still very useful.

I have an Android phone. Does similar exist with Apple?

Luke

Yep :) - Stuck that on the page already with an iOS screen shot, you can do the same with YouTube links too

Reactions: LukeUK
Probably some sort of “smart” elements to it by where the motor stops “wasting” the energy and uses it as power since the goal is create an increase in demand on the battery (to heat it up) and acceleration would still count.
From what I understand, in simple terms, they drive the motors inefficiently. In slightly more complex terms (i.e. I might get bits wrong), the motors are 3-phase so the drive electronics change how in/out of sync the phases are causing the motors to stall slightly as they turn. I think this is how they can also increase efficiency through software updates.

I may be dumb, but I can't make this work...
:(

Using your phone's NFC with the car. I've never used this to start the car but have tried to lock unlock and found it very hit and miss. I don't use walk-away door locking because I frequently leave my wife in the car when on the school run and we all know how that would end up. It would be great if it worked consistently to save having to unlock my phone to lock.

Just noticed this week that if I hold the fan symbol in the bottom line of icons for an extended period I can toggle the aircon on/off as needs be. Had been doing it in the next menu. Saves a bit of eyeball/coordination time when on the road. Probably in the manual - but I missed it.

My passenger door won't open on Bluetooth like the drivers door does. Is there any way to open the passenger door without having to open the app and unlock the car or go round to the drivers door and open that first?

Every door should open if your bluetooth is on. Not sure there's any setting to change. Maybe try a hard reboot.
Tried but it's always been that way.
This is when the car is locked and install to the passenger side door. Works fine with the drivers side door but think it's designed that way on purpose no read somewhere.
Just wondering if there's any trick I'm missing

Dave, I have been really spoiled with Voice Commands
1.) Set Temperture - 72 degrees, etc.
2.) Decrease Fan 2 (lowers fan 2 levels), Increase Fan 3 (increase fan 3 levels).
This is the one voice command that I have experienced that should be changed to Fan Speed 1, Fan Speend 2, etc.
3.) Drives Seat On (Full Heat), Drivers Seat 1 (Level 1 heat), Drivers Seat 2 (Level 2 heat), Drivers Seat Off, etc.
4.) Call "Name"
5.) Text "Name"
6.) Dome Light On, Dome Light Off
7.) Windshield Wipers Auto, Windshield Wipers 1, Windshield Wipers 2, etc.
8.) Display Energy
9.) Fold Mirrors, Unfold Mirrors
10.) Rear Window Heat On, Rear Window heat Off
11.) Window Defrost On, Window Defrost Off
12.) Display Easter Eggs
I have found the list to almost be endless...
Keep your commands as short as possible.

And pressing the button on the Tesla Gen3 Wall Connector 10 times will put the charge light into Rainbow Mode.
My son’s favourite - ‘my passenger’s butt is cold’ sets the passenger seat heater to 3

• Funny
Reactions: m3p_uk and DaveW