Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lessons learned from a 2300 mile road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4. In Pittsburgh the car guided me to a supercharger in a grocery supermarket ( I think Giant). But when I went in and circled the parking lot I could not see any superchargers. I was perplexed and as I came out and initially decided to go much further out but in the last minute I made one more attempt and returned back. I saw a parking garage and decided to enter and circled inside and there I spotted 8 superchargers in a dark and dinky area. It could be easily missed but for the fact there were two vehicles that were actively charging. I am not sure if the screen indicates the exact location of the supercharger.
Something similar happened to me when I stopped at Temecula,CA to charge. Navigation directed me to a shopping center/mall. There was a parking garage as well as open parking lots. So, I was clearly confused where to go. On entering the very busy parking garage, I was again confused where to look for the supercharger. I had to drive through every section of the busy parking structure finally finding the charger at the top corner. There needs to be some more info available in the navigation to make this better.

Reactions: Kamban
Something similar happened to me when I stopped at Temecula,CA to charge. Navigation directed me to a shopping center/mall. There was a parking garage as well as open parking lots. So, I was clearly confused where to go. On entering the very busy parking garage, I was again confused where to look for the supercharger. I had to drive through every section of the busy parking structure finally finding the charger at the top corner. There needs to be some more info available in the navigation to make this better.
I know the exact supercharger you are referring to. What I find helps is to look up the supercharger on google maps (e.g. on your phone). Usually someone has taken photos of the supercharger station and you can glean from that if it is against a building, in a parking garage, on the roof of the parking garage etc.

Reactions: socal_my
I know the exact supercharger you are referring to. What I find helps is to look up the supercharger on google maps (e.g. on your phone). Usually someone has taken photos of the supercharger station and you can glean from that if it is against a building, in a parking garage, on the roof of the parking garage etc.
Thank You. Later, I found that plugshare app gives some more details on where the supercharge is. It also includes photos.

We just finished another 2K trip to visit the grandkids in southern MD. We drove from southern IL via I-64. We had ONE poor SuperCharging stop and that was at the SuperCharger in Louisville Ky on Gardiner Ln. One other car there and all the stalls maxed out at less than 70 kWh. I arrived under 20%.

We did have tesla Destination Chargers at the hotel we stayed at in WVA, woke to a 90% both mornings. That was a nice perk.

R/T stats.

E47Utz5.jpg

Our Y performed flawlessly.