Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lessons learned picking the Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Sorry to hear of peoples moved dates, I was a bit nervous too as I was supposed to pick up Tuesday but moved to today. All was good however, saw a sea of model Y's in all colours, it was good to see them all as they all looked fantastic as the website doesn't do any of the colours justice. So if anyone is second guessing their colour choice, don't worry, they all look great in the flesh.

Things I've learned from the pick up that may be useful for UK folks:
1. Keep busy the night before, despite this I was so excited I woke at 3am and again at 5am trying to get to sleep.
2. Take a friend with you who has a level head and to help you do the checks - it was easy just to pick up and go.
3. Use one of the checklists recommended from this forum - I ended up using the app one Tesla Prep
4. Take a micofibre cloth and small bottle of water - saved me a few scares on what I thought were scratches.
4. Wear jeans rather than your 3 piece suit as you will want to look underneath the car.
5. The "calibration in progress" is normal until you drive it.
6. "ecall system not functioning" is normal until you have driven it.
7. Car came with about 46% charge, so check out the your nearest supercharger on the app.
5. Have your playlist ready to drive home - Tesla Drive Home Playlist
6. Enjoy
IMG_2761.jpg

For those still waiting, the car is fantastic and definitely worth the wait. All in took me less then an half for pick up. Tesla CS were super friendly despite being super busy this week.

Cheers.