TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Let’s help get HyperChange on the next Tesla earnings call

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by strangecosmos, Apr 28, 2018.

1. strangecosmos

strangecosmos Non-Member

I think it would be cool for Tesla nation to have a representative on the next earnings call. And I know Galileo would ask a better question than some of the other callers. Just in the last 24 hours, over 70 shareholders have emailed Tesla’s investor relations department in support. Collectively, we own over 13,000 shares, representing over $3.8 million in value. I bet some shareholders here could help add significantly to that pile.

• Like x 1
  2. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

It's a long shot,

but I signed up for it.

Good luck.

• Like x 1
  3. BLSmith2112

BLSmith2112 Member

Sent off an email for him. Weather you think he's more optimistic than many on this forum, he does his research and isn't interested in asking the Fluff or FUD questions that often wastes time on the ER calls.

• Like x 1
  4. strangecosmos

strangecosmos Non-Member

#4 strangecosmos, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  5. oneday

oneday Active Member

Where is the crowdsourcing of the question happening?

• Like x 1
  6. BLSmith2112

BLSmith2112 Member

He's asking that you email him: [email protected]

Or submit additional questions on his Youtube channel:

He's reading them all and building a list of the most popular questions.

• Like x 1
  7. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

Excellent questions by Galileo!

• Like x 5
  8. pz1975

pz1975 Member

Agree. They kept him on longer asking questions than anyone I ever remember in a CC.

• Like x 3
  9. oneday

oneday Active Member

I am quite impressed. That addded a lot of color to the call. I also think Elon was just waiting for the opportunity to say, I’m sick of these boring questions, take me to YouTube. Hahaha

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
  10. Joshker

Joshker Member

Hat off to Galileo, he killed it and no doubtedly got more interesting information than any other caller has in the past!

• Like x 3
  11. strangecosmos

strangecosmos Non-Member

Wow. That went better than I could have possibly expected. A few things we learned from Galileo's questions:

–Tesla is still open to partnering with other companies to share access to Superchargers

–Supercharger v3 won't be 350 kW because Tesla sees Supercharging as already fast enough, and higher wattage means more battery degradation

–There's definitely no room to build the Model Y at the Fremont factory. Production will begin in 2020

–Elon said the Semi will have more than 500 miles of range

–Elon and JB explained the rational behind providing steady electricity prices for Semis

–Elon reiterated he thinks Tesla's full self-driving technology will be ready by the end of 2019

– Elon described his general philosophy about classical economic moats vs. innovation as Tesla's competitive advantage

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  12. Mobius484

Mobius484 Supporting Member

I loved this change in direction Elon took with the call... it got WAY more interesting from this point on... much more pertinent!

• Like x 3
  13. Mobius484

Mobius484 Supporting Member

Anybody ever think that “more straubel” sounds like “more cowbell”...... which is what I think every time I hear JB speak.. I wish I heard more from him....the quiet mastermind...

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  14. Sean Wagner

Sean Wagner Member

Extremely interesting exchange and change of perspective.

Thank you to all who made it happen, the collective effort paid off handsomely.

• Like x 1
  15. wnorris

wnorris Member

Agree. I do hope that Elon will share the mic a bit more in the future. I believe JB, Deep, and others provide sharper, more focused answers that complement Elon's style.

• Like x 3
  16. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

My favorite part of the call was when Elon made fun of the Nikola lawsuit. He doesn't sound worried in the least.