Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let’s see those new 2021’s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please delete if not allowed (I realize there is a “pic of your model 3 right now” thread) but I’d love to see some shiny, ceramic coated, tinted 2021 model 3’s in all colours.
Hopefully it’ll convince me to get out of my “old” 2020 p3d lol

PXL_20201230_205430664.jpg

99.9% of the general public cannot tell the difference from a 2017 to a 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2021. This is because, generally speaking, it is the same car as the 2017. OP - check out this post (below)...might help with your decision. If you want to flush your money down the toilet for a couple different parts installed on the same car, go for it...but I'd advise throwing that money into some Tesla stock.

So you don't have a 2021 "refresh"...who cares, really?

Havent washed my car since I picked it up on the 16th. tints been done, all 4 doors aligned a few other misc stuff done. Goin in for paint correction on wednesday and ceramic coat. Than I'll be taking some pics on saturday when I get it back

This is a good thread to ask about how difficult is to tint a Tesla M3. The guy I've always used didn't want to do my car at my house because he's never done a Tesla before, and he said the side windows require a 'special' procedure, and the rear needs 2 people. I told him I don't want the entire rear glass tinted; just where the roof tint ends to the bottom, to be even. Can somebody who has tinted his/her 3 comment if there's anything special about tinting a Tesla? The side windows look like any other frameless modern car, where you just manually 'close' the door, so the window rolls fully up. Or am I missing something? And same just tinting the clear portion of the rear window. Yeah, it won't be easy, but one person should be able to do it. The Bullitt looks about as difficult as the Tesla, but again, don't want to assume it'd be the same. Hopefully somebody can comment.

Finally, want to post this here, rather than start a new thread. Drove the new M3 LR at night for the first time, with 'ambient lighting' activated, but the dash doesn't light up at all. Remember seeing several cars with a strip all along where the vents are. Did Tesla remove that, or were aftermarket? There's zero lighting on the doors too; kind of lame. it's just the foot wells. Want to make sure there's nothing wrong with my car. Thanks.
JC

2 days after delivery

heard a bang and I think the main fuse died. Will find out in a few days I guess

Attachments

• 1EB4BDE7-BFE1-46AC-B0AB-8F19CEE9D3AE.jpeg
    1EB4BDE7-BFE1-46AC-B0AB-8F19CEE9D3AE.jpeg
    625.4 KB · Views: 322
  • BA88D97B-16FE-4696-AC28-9BD6B7D31E42.jpeg
    BA88D97B-16FE-4696-AC28-9BD6B7D31E42.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 312
This is a good thread to ask about how difficult is to tint a Tesla M3. The guy I've always used didn't want to do my car at my house because he's never done a Tesla before, and he said the side windows require a 'special' procedure, and the rear needs 2 people. I told him I don't want the entire rear glass tinted; just where the roof tint ends to the bottom, to be even. Can somebody who has tinted his/her 3 comment if there's anything special about tinting a Tesla? The side windows look like any other frameless modern car, where you just manually 'close' the door, so the window rolls fully up. Or am I missing something? And same just tinting the clear portion of the rear window. Yeah, it won't be easy, but one person should be able to do it. The Bullitt looks about as difficult as the Tesla, but again, don't want to assume it'd be the same. Hopefully somebody can comment.

Finally, want to post this here, rather than start a new thread. Drove the new M3 LR at night for the first time, with 'ambient lighting' activated, but the dash doesn't light up at all. Remember seeing several cars with a strip all along where the vents are. Did Tesla remove that, or were aftermarket? There's zero lighting on the doors too; kind of lame. it's just the foot wells. Want to make sure there's nothing wrong with my car. Thanks.
JC
I don’t know why the door glass would be difficult for an experienced guy bet that back window is huge, I see you only want it partially tinted but maybe he misunderstood?

His rear window issue is he'd need a second person, which is not the case if just done partially. But his main 'issue' was with the side windows, which makes no sense indeed. My guess is once he actually sees a Tesla, he would realize there's no issue. At least for now, my wife doesn't want to be the guinea pig, so we'll wait to do it.

0AEB0733-E797-4B08-BB8C-698AC9677B90.jpeg
This is a good thread to ask about how difficult is to tint a Tesla M3. The guy I've always used didn't want to do my car at my house because he's never done a Tesla before, and he said the side windows require a 'special' procedure, and the rear needs 2 people. I told him I don't want the entire rear glass tinted; just where the roof tint ends to the bottom, to be even. Can somebody who has tinted his/her 3 comment if there's anything special about tinting a Tesla? The side windows look like any other frameless modern car, where you just manually 'close' the door, so the window rolls fully up. Or am I missing something? And same just tinting the clear portion of the rear window. Yeah, it won't be easy, but one person should be able to do it.View attachment 623836
JC
I did full rear window. Done by a 1 guy. It is very large so they need a special sized roll to do it without cuts.
Al other windows are standard

Status
Not open for further replies.