Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let’s talk alloy wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone put up a picture recently of a Glasgow based powder coat, somewhere based near Springfield Quay. I planned to look around there but would prefer to go with a recommendation. Have you used them before and if so got any prices / pictures? Thanks.
I used them on my last car, a 5 series BMW. Was really happy with the result and I couldn't see any imperfections.

IIRC they were about £80 per corner for 18" wheels. Took about 5 hours to complete, waiting around in Hamilton for the duration wasn't great though so if you can make it back home by other means that would be a good idea.

They may not be setup to with the correct lifting pucks for a Tesla though so suggest getting a set of those before you visit.

One of the guys had posted pics of his alloys in black finish and they looked much better. I think it hides that wheelcap style finish much better

I think its the guy from Glasgow who recommended a place local. 100%, it makes so much sense now that they are going for black instead of chrome on the car. If you check the US model Y out the alloy options are black as well.

Reactions: Tranceporter
Moderator comment - thread merged from "Looking for new wheels..."

Hey guys,

Im looking to see if there is anywhere in the UK that sells 19 or 20inch wheels for the Model 3.

Ideally I’d like the previous generation 19 or 20 inch official Tesla wheels. Does anywhere sell them?

Also, I’ve got a SR+, I’m assuming 20inch wheels would be okay? (I’m aware it’ll affect range).

Thanks for helping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Im looking to see if there is anywhere in the UK that sells 19 or 20inch wheels for the Model 3.

Ideally I’d like the previous generation 19 or 20 inch official Tesla wheels. Does anywhere sell them?

Also, I’ve got a SR+, I’m assuming 20inch wheels would be okay? (I’m aware it’ll affect range).

Thanks for helping!
Hey guys,

Thanks for helping!

Try. tsportline.com

Hey guys,

Thanks for helping!

Borbet as I said before. BLX pics on my 3 here previously.

Borbet BLX. I've used them for my winter tyres. Reasonably good looking. I've dropped a pic here somewhere...

Unsure if I should start a new thread on this but will give in here a try first.

Have put some Michelin CC2s on the 18 inch Aeros for winter use and rather than swapping tyres on the rims constantly like the idea of putting the original 18 inch PS4s onto a 3rd party set of alloys. Happy with the size from a comfort perspective. Specifically like some of the styles that Oz do. Maybe comes from the fact that I used to run an Impreza.

My dilemma is that plenty of alloy wheel sellers in the UK state that they can supply Oz wheels to fit the M3 but using the configuration page on the Oz site does not give the same options. It only suggests a limited choice of their MSW wheels which I don’t like.

So, is there a reason as to why I shouldn’t trust the UK sellers and just go for it? Was thinking there could be a reason why Oz themselves don’t recommend a wider range such as the weight of the car vs their wheel rated weight limits?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks all!

Wow has that car been smoking weed, cos that is high!
Only where legal. I've got the MPP Lift Kit as I have to go off road to get to my mountain top finca. Some small loss in range (UK to Spain for £65 in juice, pre-war) but cheaper than bashing the battery. Also fitted the MPP Smash Plate, cheaper than bashing those lovely hoses and wires in the front.