Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let’s talk alloy wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a master thread for alloy wheels mod in the main forum, but all those brands/makes are on the other side of the pond. I read through tens of pages on that thread and struggled to find any from UK.

So a question for Moderators as well. Would it be worth making a master thread for alloy wheel/suspension mods in UK that are available for Model 3?

I have 2021 refresh/facelift Model 3 LR which comes with the “flat style” 19” alloys that I chose as an upgrade option. I must say they look underwhelming (they looked better in pictures). So I am toying with the idea of getting “drop-in replacement” alloys which would match factory spec.

I am also a bit clueless when it comes to all sorts of offsets and sizes, but the factory alloys seem to be 19x8.5, and 35 offset if I am not wrong.

Has anyone attempted installation of aftermarket alloys on M3 in UK? Also has anyone had spacers installed? I am considering 15mm on the fronts and 20mm on the rears. What was your experience with regards to how it changed handling?

Reactions: Tranceporter
I see a master thread for alloy wheels mod in the main forum, but all those brands/makes are on the other side of the pond. I read through tens of pages on that thread and struggled to find any from UK.

So a question for Moderators as well. Would it be worth making a master thread for alloy wheel/suspension mods in UK that are available for Model 3?

I have 2021 refresh/facelift Model 3 LR which comes with the “flat style” 19” alloys that I chose as an upgrade option. I must say they look underwhelming (they looked better in pictures). So I am toying with the idea of getting “drop-in replacement” alloys which would match factory spec.

I am also a bit clueless when it comes to all sorts of offsets and sizes, but the factory alloys seem to be 19x8.5, and 35 offset if I am not wrong.

Has anyone attempted installation of aftermarket alloys on M3 in UK? Also has anyone had spacers installed? I am considering 15mm on the fronts and 20mm on the rears. What was your experience with regards to how it changed handling?

I'm running Borbet BLX 18s with my winter tyres. Specs and pic passim.

Reactions: Tranceporter
I'm in exactly the same position! We done a test drive yesterday before ordering. I was really disappointed when I seen the new alloys in person, especially when the pre refresh alloys were on cars right next to the new ones.

If I knew there were a decent set of 19" / 20" alloys in the UK I would order the 18" aeros and order them tonight.

Tesla seem to have a less than usual centre bore and bolt pattern combination. I tried to source a random spare wheel to keep in the garage and there wasn’t any direct hits at the price I wanted to pay. Ended up with a Maserati wheel with centre ring spacer. Land Rover was a close match too.

Full specs on OEM wheels here should help you source your new rims.
The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide. Complete Model 3 Wheel Specs. - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

Can you provide info on the alloys / wheels you source to work with the model 3? Land Rover ones on recent evoque / velar etc look great.

I'm in exactly the same position! We done a test drive yesterday before ordering. I was really disappointed when I seen the new alloys in person, especially when the pre refresh alloys were on cars right next to the new ones.

If I knew there were a decent set of 19" / 20" alloys in the UK I would order the 18" aeros and order them tonight.
100% agree. If I get hold of pre-refresh 19" sport/stiletto I would snap them up tbh. They look very smart. The current ones look like wheelcaps lol.

4ABA8988-1F5C-4833-AD48-99F76C5D5B16.png
I have the latest uberturbine 20” 235 35 ....
Will 245 or 255 fit without rubbing etc. More interested in protecting the rims than range impact.
245 is in fact the preferred fit for that wheel size iirc. In which case, 255 would also fit but that starts to drift from the manufacturer’s standard.