Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let me describe our delivery . . . seems common these days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Different strokes for sure. I was probably asked if I was excited 5-10x at the delivery. It's all relative, of course I was, I have wanted a Tesla for 5 years but I don't make emotional purchases. I waited until it was comfortable financially. I'm not one to show emotion good or bad, probably why they kept asking lol. I was more interested in checking out the model 3 next to our X.

Look at the OP's original post and ask yourself why he had to let us all know he paid cash? That was irrelevant to his rant but he included that tidbit for his ego. I see through these types.

One issue I have is that some people imply or claim that Tesla is INTENTIONALLY trying to make them unhappy. I live in the real world and as I've said before, impossible for a fast growing company doing what Tesla is doing to make no mistakes and have every employee perform flawlessly. Ridiculous. Maybe they are incapable of seeing the big picture hiding behind their massive ego.

The OP wanted the DS to fawn all over his greatness and his ability to buy the car. I compare this to those that think graduating college is a huge achievement, but they only see it that way because they are not all that smart and it was a struggle. IMO any stooge can get a degree and anyone with financial sense can afford a Tesla at some point. Apparently the OP is impressed by himself. See above.

So as long as you feel you can "see right through these types", let's look at what you decide to share:

1. "I waited until it was comfortable financially" - So you have a chip on your shoulder that OP has more money than you.
2. "I live in the real world" - Dog whistle for - "my opinion is the right one and if you don't agree you are not living in reality."
3. "IMO any stooge can get a degree" - Code for "I don't have a college degree and if you have one, it's no big deal, anyone could get one"
4. "Apparently the OP is impressed by himself" - Actually seems to me no one is more impressed with their views and opinions than the one posting about others initiating a personal attack.

How'd I do? Not accurate? Shocked that reading a few internet posts, and thinking I know someone and can read into their thoughts doesn't work.

Shouldn't you be spending more time worrying about how you are going to charge your X as it was delivered with a faulty charge port? Oh wait, no way your delivery had any issues, never mind.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
It seems I've interrupted the "we have never started a multi billion dollar EV company but let us tell you how we could do it better" party. My bad, maybe I'll leave and let you all continue on with your circle jerk. Nothing people love more than a bunch of know nothing know it alls.

Oh the horror, an employee didn't wash their hands and touched the inside of a car while not licking my boots, let's now spend endless hours ranting on the net about how bad the company is.

Here’s a thought. Try being less of a supercilious twat.

Tesla employees will do just fine without your valiant efforts to defend their honor from the big bad criticism.

Don’t forget to police every comment section of a Marketwatch or Electrek article, and while you’re at it, might want to follow Elon’s twitter feed as well to root out any injustices there as well.

Oh, the horror.

I'm on it. Were you referring to me or the OP as the "supercilious twat"? Funny because that's exactly why I called him out so you confused me here.

So as long as you feel you can "see right through these types", let's look at what you decide to share:

1. "I waited until it was comfortable financially" - So you have a chip on your shoulder that OP has more money than you.
2. "I live in the real world" - Dog whistle for - "my opinion is the right one and if you don't agree you are not living in reality."
3. "IMO any stooge can get a degree" - Code for "I don't have a college degree and if you have one, it's no big deal, anyone could get one"
4. "Apparently the OP is impressed by himself" - Actually seems to me no one is more impressed with their views and opinions than the one posting about others initiating a personal attack.

How'd I do? Not accurate? Shocked that reading a few internet posts, and thinking I know someone and can read into their thoughts doesn't work.

Shouldn't you be spending more time worrying about how you are going to charge your X as it was delivered with a faulty charge port? Oh wait, no way your delivery had any issues, never mind.

Wow, you nailed it, just like I nailed the OP. Nice work, glad we can agree.

You can read back my prior posts, no issues with people posting problems with their car. I said I appreciate that people do so others can figure out the solution. Feel free to quote me from up thread. I told my wife before we even picked up the X to expect a couple issues, Tesla will fix them and in the end life goes on.

What's next, you all going to show SpaceX how to get to mars quicker and cheaper?

Circle jerk away!

It seems I've interrupted the "we have never started a multi billion dollar EV company but let us tell you how we could do it better" party. My bad, maybe I'll leave and let you all continue on with your circle jerk. Nothing people love more than a bunch of know nothing know it alls.

Oh the horror, an employee didn't wash their hands and touched the inside of a car while not licking my boots, let's now spend endless hours ranting on the net about how bad the company is.

Yeah I am sure potential owners and Tesla management have no interest in actual customer experience.

I am sure we are all really sorry for posting our actual experiences as opposed to idealizing the phenomenon that is Tesla and marginalizing every issue with "Tesla will take care of it I am sure".

Find it interesting that you now choose to use a sexual reference, I guess to try and embarrass people posting on the thread? Might have worked in middle school, or the circles you exchange barbs and ideas in, but sorry, doesn't intimidate me at all. Just makes you sound like an immature clown to me, but hey that's just my view.

Reactions: ACA Man
First- its not my car - my bride has wanted a Tesla since 2012. I'm here to get and share info and experiences - we're not greenies or fanboys, we use the vehicle for the benefits it provides - mainly carpool lane access and the ability to avoid gas stations and then the cool factor for my wife.

We arrived a few minutes ahead of schedule - and it was not problem - the car was in a roped off area off the main show floor at the Burbank show room and service center.

I realized last night that my bride likes dark blue cars because this is the third dark blue new vehicle she has purchased. Funny after 30 years I just realized that!

Dark blue, Cream interior. EAP and ordered 75D - with SAS and whatever else you get with 75D today.

Was delivered uncorked. Got a software update TODAY while we had a couple of issues fixed.

Delivery process was underwhelming. A DS [not our assigned DS] spent an hour with my bride doing the very small amount of paperwork required with a no-finance deal, and then going through the vehicle features and set up of the various bluetooth and other systems. It all seems pretty straight forward.

Fit and finish was acceptable for Tesla. The paint was fine - 9-9.5/10 - about as good as you'd get. Panel fitment was uneven all around - but consistently uneven if that makes sense. The panel fit varied from very good to wide lines- but the seams matched up and the pieces fit together as they were supposed to - even the chrome was attached correctly and lined up.

I discovered a broken piece off the tail light [where is looks like a detailer snapped it off pulling a rag along the car - shtye happens] which they said they could fix right away.

This led the next problem - they brought the car back around with grease all over the cream driver seat and carpet - and they actually gave my wife a hard time about taking it back and cleaning it. "It's just from the mechanics," was the actual words used. Yeah - so?

They had no merchandise, no shirt, no cap and not even a key fob holder. I bought a used 911 three years ago and the dealer gave me a key fob, a shirt and mug.

All in all - it was not like accepting delivery of a $92k Benz or Porsche - but as good as can be expected from a company which has existed on fans and not critical consumers for many years until recently [last 24 months maybe the customer base has grown?] - anyway - Lynn loves the car and thats all that matters

Most of was #firstworldproblems !!

I thought i was the only one with the "Tesla new car delivery/pick up experience" . It took them 4 hours or more from start to finish for us to pick up our car. I did an all around inspection and found uneven chrome fitment , chipped paint , and uneven seams "back bumper with side passenger door" they fixed the uneven bumper but couldn't take care of the rest . SO i have use their service center , for a 100k plus car i don't think is acceptable. Oh and no tesla gifts of any kind "key fob cover , pen, hat, nada "

Last edited:
Reactions: NewTMSMan