Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let the hacking begin... (Model S parts on the bench)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol, MP3Mike disagrees with sharing info.

Nope, just clicked disagree because I disagree with:

If you do, share, or it is not true.

Really, if someone doesn't share instructions that makes it not true? :eek::rolleyes:

I guess this is revenge for me busting him for this above. {cackle}

Busted? For what? What I said is true and the instructions were posted on TMC and many people have used them.

Happy holidays. On a different tack.. but hopefully same thread, how much power does the APE and related autopilot HW draw? Round numbers. I know it’s small potatoes compared to running the car down the road. But a friend of mine is asserting many thousands of watts. Got any guesses or data?

Happy holidays. On a different tack.. but hopefully same thread, how much power does the APE and related autopilot HW draw? Round numbers. I know it’s small potatoes compared to running the car down the road. But a friend of mine is asserting many thousands of watts. Got any guesses or data?
hw2.0 draws about 2.2A on idle, add ~1A when GPU is initialized.
hw2.5 draws ~2.8 on idle, add ~1A when GPU is initialized.

Naturally on full load it draws more (up to 300-400W just for the gpu alone?) but I cannot easily model this on my bench, or at least I never tried because my adjustable PSU only goes up to 5A of max power draw ;)

Powering the MCU:
Pin 9/10 on the bottom center are GND and pins 7/8 on the bottom left connector
are power.

Thanks for reply mate.
But what do you mean with "bottom center and bottem left"?
I need to check my MCU before buyng a new one.
I have bought a salvage Tesla, in september the MCU sometimes works, sometimes not, but now is off.
Than i want to test it on bench to get 100% certain that is not a fuse, or somthing above energy missing.
Need expert people help for that.

Thanks.

Ps: That image is not of mine MCU

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 133
Thanks for reply mate.
But what do you mean with "bottom center and bottem left"?
I need to check my MCU before buyng a new one.
I have bought a salvage Tesla, in september the MCU sometimes works, sometimes not, but now is off.
Than i want to test it on bench to get 100% certain that is not a fuse, or somthing above energy missing.
Need expert people help for that.

Thanks.

Ps: That image is not of mine MCU
Your picture seems to be a 1045006, and I can't speak to that. I'm referring to pre-2016 MCUs.

My instructions seem to be pretty clear.

You don't say how old your salvage is, but if 2014 or older you should suspect that the eMMC flash is getting worn out. Use my (half) procedure over in the Salvage Car Owners' Support thread. If there's enough interest I'll go to the trouble of adding to it.

Reactions: Christopher1
Your picture seems to be a 1045006, and I can't speak to that. I'm referring to pre-2016 MCUs.

My instructions seem to be pretty clear.

You don't say how old your salvage is, but if 2014 or older you should suspect that the eMMC flash is getting worn out. Use my (half) procedure over in the Salvage Car Owners' Support thread. If there's enough interest I'll go to the trouble of adding to it.
My car is 2015/06.. soo, maybe eMMC flash is getting worn out right?