Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let the hacking begin... (Model S parts on the bench)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's not call it a Fakra anymore for ethernet. Somebody started that and it is wrong. The ethernet connector is HSD ('High-Speed Differential' signaling).

Fakra is the similar but co-axial cable used to connect antennae.

OK. I just called the cable so as one of the sellers calls it

The diag port is locked down during normal operation. You would only be able to connect there and do something useful if you already have root or if you have access to tesla’s servers/tools to unlock it.

Password for diagnostic mode will help?

You need your vehicle specific unlock token to unlock the port from the outside... Tesla changes these every ~24 hours, they are random, and every car has a different one...
Not Tesla employees were already connected to my car. I know that Tesla changes keys regularly, but it’s blocked on my machine. The question is can the password for diagnostic mode be root? And how to configure VPN to try to connect?

Not Tesla employees were already connected to my car. I know that Tesla changes keys regularly, but it’s blocked on my machine. The question is can the password for diagnostic mode be root? And how to configure VPN to try to connect?
I assume you have the 4 digit password for entering diagnostic mode. That is a quarter of how much you need to log in

Any suggestion to test why this 4 led off?
What usually make CID not booting?View attachment 365570
Hello Miguel,

I had the same issue just few weeks ago. Good news that I was able to fix it with without buying any expensive equipment.
My first though was also that 1.8 LED indicates some problem. But it is normal state. At least on my MCU I do not see any difference after fixed it. Can't remember how it is with other LEDs now, but at least 1.8V still looks like half dead.
The only difference that I mentioned when replaced memory chip is that two LEDs (one red and one green) started to blink few centimeters down from all these voltage indicator LEDs.
if you don't see red and green LEDs blinking there, most likely you will have the same issue.
You can try you to use IC cable and try to ssh into 192.168.90.100 to see if MCU is alive. If no response, MCU is dead, next step would be to solder sd card interface as @rooter described here Salvage Car Owners Support Group. and check if your mmc flash still alive. You can check logs or try to fix broken partitions.
If your mmc is dead, as mine was, you will have to replace it.

the 4 digit password for entering diagnostic mode
2qkp3u.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: BigD0g and nemSoma
What if your car has route access and is shut off from Tesla does the token still change?
Yes, unless proper complicated steps were taken to stop that from happening.

Like i said above, you need to pm the couple of guys here that have the abilities to do all those things and discuss in private.

I am sorry to say, but this is not things that can be made public knowledge. They would atop working in a matter of days! So let the few people here who spend hundreds of hours to figure things out keep what they figure out to themselves and they can certainly help via pm for whatever your needs are.

Of course. Best cars available today still... not really any doubt there. But, if you check my invoice, you'll not see me donating any money to Tesla for the non-existent full-self-driving stuff... so, not sure how your comment is related to my post. Just because the company is shady af with their marketing doesn't make the overall product as it sits all bad.

Yeah, I was just about to say that in the 6-7 minute mark, the repeaters look pretty useless. Calculated free space easily jumps into the space that is clearly not free space and other data is clearly just noise in those sections (lane markings, for example). The truck that pops into view is only labeled in about 1 out of 3 frames, too, in a part that's not even as bad. The pillar cams staying clear, though, is a good thing, though, and the front cams are a given (wipers to clear them plus radar to augment the data).

Honestly, just seeing that at least 3 of the 8 cameras are giving somewhat useless data at times in what looks like somewhat minor rain... is not confidence boosting. It's also worse that all three of the obviously affected ones in that video are the rear facing ones. Tends to track with my experience in the rain as well with just monitoring the v9 visualization with respect to the surroundings.

My main point is that there's just nothing they can do to mitigate this issue with the existing hardware. They can't say the car can do full-self-driving safely off of just the forward radar and cams, which are the only sensors that will work sufficiently well in the rain. The ultrasonics become mostly useless in more than moderate rain, also.
Hi, wk057, let me call you technical genius.
I'm from Shanghai, China, sorry for my poor English, I'm using google translate online to write this post, may be I used some inappropriate words...sorry, don't care about it.
I bought the blue X with AP1.0, but I want the os user interface to change the color from blue to white. I have asked many after-sales service staffs, they all said that it can't be changed. But I noticed that when they help the car owner to replace 20 inch wheel with 22 inch whell, they can change the pic of wheel showed on the screen, so I believe that the color can also be changed! This question confused me for a long time.
Someone in this forum recommended you, can you help me to remote access my car and change the programming codes to change the color of the car? I'm willing to pay some remuneration for you.

Of course. Best cars available today still... not really any doubt there. But, if you check my invoice, you'll not see me donating any money to Tesla for the non-existent full-self-driving stuff... so, not sure how your comment is related to my post. Just because the company is shady af with their marketing doesn't make the overall product as it sits all bad.

Yeah, I was just about to say that in the 6-7 minute mark, the repeaters look pretty useless. Calculated free space easily jumps into the space that is clearly not free space and other data is clearly just noise in those sections (lane markings, for example). The truck that pops into view is only labeled in about 1 out of 3 frames, too, in a part that's not even as bad. The pillar cams staying clear, though, is a good thing, though, and the front cams are a given (wipers to clear them plus radar to augment the data).

Honestly, just seeing that at least 3 of the 8 cameras are giving somewhat useless data at times in what looks like somewhat minor rain... is not confidence boosting. It's also worse that all three of the obviously affected ones in that video are the rear facing ones. Tends to track with my experience in the rain as well with just monitoring the v9 visualization with respect to the surroundings.

My main point is that there's just nothing they can do to mitigate this issue with the existing hardware. They can't say the car can do full-self-driving safely off of just the forward radar and cams, which are the only sensors that will work sufficiently well in the rain. The ultrasonics become mostly useless in more than moderate rain, also.
screen-png.366578
screen_2-png.366579