Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let the hacking begin... (Model S parts on the bench)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so I've been fiddeling around with the cluster and MCU and found something. The port the MCU uses (4070 because v8.1) is different to the IC (4130 because 2020.48) and thus I get barely any communication between the MCU and cluster. Now I was wondering if I could access the cluster via telnet or something like that and change the port to 4070 because apparantly I am to dumb to actually redeploy and the option to redeploy isn't to be found in the dev menu. Neither can I activate factory mode

Okay so I've been fiddeling around with the cluster and MCU and found something. The port the MCU uses (4070 because v8.1) is different to the IC (4130 because 2020.48) and thus I get barely any communication between the MCU and cluster. Now I was wondering if I could access the cluster via telnet or something like that and change the port to 4070 because apparantly I am to dumb to actually redeploy and the option to redeploy isn't to be found in the dev menu. Neither can I activate factory mode
I was actually thinking whether also copying partition 1 and 2 from The MCU Tegra to IC Tegra would solve the power on problem? Although that is a bit of work. I actually am not sure of the IC pinout

I managed to downgrade both CID and IC from 2021.24.28 to 2019.36.2.1, reflash the Parrot restoring WiFi and Bluetooth, replaced the 3G with LTE regaining cellular, have SSH, looking pretty good…

But… I’m unable to do any kind of cron or trigger any of my scripts after rebooting without logging in via ssh and triggering them each boot. Cron does not persist. Any advice?

Reactions: Kristoffer Helle
I managed to downgrade both CID and IC from 2021.24.28 to 2019.36.2.1, reflash the Parrot restoring WiFi and Bluetooth, replaced the 3G with LTE regaining cellular, have SSH, looking pretty good…

But… I’m unable to do any kind of cron or trigger any of my scripts after rebooting without logging in via ssh and triggering them each boot. Cron does not persist. Any advice?
in your other post you mentioned that you cannot connect. I am wondering if when you downgraded did you put old verts into the car? I guess thats unlikely but since they do get updated then there could be an issue

I'm looking to flash my gateway on my bench mcu with older firmware. I don't have an older release.tgz I can use, so I'm trying to craft one from files in /deploy, but I can't figure out exactly how it's calculating the crc for the files or how to just patch out crc checks from boot.img, so gw just keeps throwing crc mismatch errors. I'm referencing this article from blackhat.com, as well as this one and these slides. While it would be helpful to downgrade, opening the gateway shell is my main goal right now.

I have an MCU1 on the bench. Powers up fine and the touch screen works. I can't get the IC to display. The IC has power, and the wake line is high. I can confirm the LEDs are lit inside the IC (red for 12v, and the 2 green ones for 5v and 3.3v). I've also got the 4-pin ethernet cable connected (the original Tesla cable) between the IC and MCU1. Any else I may be missing? MCU1 is not rooted and is running v11 software (2022.8.10.5). I have nothing else connected to MCU1 or the IC. I haven't tried the brake On Sw line (it's unconnected), but since the MCU1 display is on, assume IC should be too. Has 10 service alerts, but expected with nothing connected. None of the alerts seem to be IC-related (brakes, charging, BMS, etc.)