Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's be honest: 691HP in an ICE is Equivalent to 463hp in an EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wk,
Probably not but here it is :)

My offer on the McLaren was to demonstrate to those not familiar what north of 500 hp does in an ICE over 60 (or a 100 for that matter). It is really a hoot.
All you have to do is look at the 60 foot times for the PxxDx and you will see that they have a monster launch on par with most all the SuperCars with launch control.

Did we really need another thread for this topic?

Even after Tesla reveals the actual numbers, what I'd call "Tesla Exceptionalism" still comes out in threads like this.

Reproduced within this thread is the same graph whose alternate conclusion could be:

"Let's be honest: 691HP in an EV is Equivalent to 463hp in an ICE" Just go higher in speed. Done.

I suspect people will keep trying to shed what we all should have learned in high school, in favor of catchy over-simplifications. Whatever. Maybe test drive the car?

Wk,
Probably not but here it is :)

My offer on the McLaren was to demonstrate to those not familiar what north of 500 hp does in an ICE over 60 (or a 100 for that matter). It is really a hoot.
All you have to do is look at the 60 foot times for the PxxDx and you will see that they have a monster launch on par with most all the SuperCars with launch control.

I've driven or ridden in some beasts, so I'm not unfamiliar with the phenomenon, but I'm still messaging you next time I'm in south Florida.