Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's Be Honest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new Model X, 6-seat owner who is pleased with my selection. Tesla is a driving and design experience that has a broad range of exceptional features and options to match a variety of preferences. BE HONEST.
It can not be all things to all people (ie. Seat configurations).
Just enjoy the safety and performance that it embodies. If not, just purchase a different car!

Reactions: Mjølner
I am a new Model X, 6-seat owner who is pleased with my selection. Tesla is a driving and design experience that has a broad range of exceptional features and options to match a variety of preferences. BE HONEST.
It can not be all things to all people (ie. Seat configurations).
Just enjoy the safety and performance that it embodies. If not, just purchase a different car!

What is the purpose of your message, I wonder too? :)

I assume it is a reaction to the news of a folding 7-seater?

Frankly, I think if Tesla could have delivered the original Model X seating design, that would have been something for almost everyone. Offer that in 6-seater guise as well and it would have been pretty much perfect. Even today the Model X seating options remain a compromise.

Just as a reminder, these were the individually moving, monopost pedestal *folding* electrically operated second row seats... Now that was a versatile design...

model_x_prototype_7-seater-jpg.233596

If they had offered folding seats (or even given us a prediction of when they would be available), I'd be a MX owner. Instead we have the MS, which I love everything about EXCEPT the lack of towing.

Maybe somebody who bought a 5-seater because it folded will get pregnant and need the new 7-seater, so I can buy theirs as a CPO... get busy, out there!

• Funny
Reactions: BLKMDL3
Does anyone think they will allow custom retrofits in the future? I have a six seater and would love to have monopost folding seats.

I think with the 7-seater getting the folding bench instead of monoposts, Tesla may have pretty much given up on folding monoposts. We may never see them.

I wonder how long the 6-seater will last at all (the last version to use the monoposts at least for now)... well, I guess it may last, because it has gotten a bit of a premium reputation and now also has the center console option...

For what it’s worth, there are a few third party bolt on hitches available for the MS, although I’m not sure it has a huge towing capacity.
The car is not rated to tow any amount of weight. The driver is completely liable for any accident or damage in any accident. Insurance will not cover. If anyone is injured, the driver will likely at the very least lose everything they own.

I think I'll pass on that. Just because it is possible doesn't make it a good idea. The hitch manufacturer is walking a fine line, repeating over and over the 2000 pound rating of the hitch, then mentioning that they don't recommend exceeding the manufacturers towing rating. They don't mention that the rating is zero.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11