Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets characterize AP2 "Feature Unavailable" - poll

When does your AP2 conk out?

• Every Morning

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Some Mornings

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Some Evenings

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Every Evening

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Randomly

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Never (hah)

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty fed up with my AP2 randomly deciding not to work. The last week or so, it hasn't worked in the morning at all. Maybe if we pool our experiences, we can figure out what the hell Tesla is up to.

OTOH, it seems to consistently work on my commute home.

In my case, I figure it could be due to temperature or poor LTE at home (but good wifi), but it may be unrelated to my specific situation (for example, if Tesla is uploading a update, and my morning commute catches it midway, and their upgrade mechanism sucks).

Driving 1400 miles the past 2 days (road trip!) it only dropped off once for about 15 minutes. That was in some moderate rain with lots of nasty road grime thrown on the front bumper. I presume it was blocking/fooling the front radar so TACC was disabled. I stoped for a charge shortly after this and went to the Shell gas station (!!) to use their cleaning supplies to wash the window and front bumper. All good after that.

Driving 1400 miles the past 2 days (road trip!) it only dropped off once for about 15 minutes. That was in some moderate rain with lots of nasty road grime thrown on the front bumper. I presume it was blocking/fooling the front radar so TACC was disabled. I stoped for a charge shortly after this and went to the Shell gas station (!!) to use their cleaning supplies to wash the window and front bumper. All good after that.

I think you and the OP are talking about two different things. I think the OP is referring to the dreaded "Driving assistance features are disabled, contact service" message we see on a cold start. I see it randomly, but it seems to happen more often in the morning than later in the day. I also notice that if it does show up in the evening, it goes away in a few minutes and EAP and AS work afterwards. It hasn't been often enough to drive me up the wall yet, but I'm sure hoping they will fix it soon.

OP can you clarify that this is indeed what the poll is about and not EAP or ATS disabling itself while being used due to intermittent conditions or camera related issues.

It seems like it comes and then goes away after a minute of so. It is on my "hope they fix it sometime".

It used to happen to me every single time I got in the car, but after one of the more recent FW updates, the error is rare and seemingly happens at random. Usually, if I immediately get out of the car, shut the door, and then get back in and restart, I am back in business...

I marked never because "random" doesn't adequately capture the event. Even during thunderstorms or moderate snowfall I've had AP. Hopefully that continues for me. I've had one incident that wasn't random where the rain kicked up by a truck caused my radar to be disabled but it resolved itself when I moved away and the rain lessened.

I seriously never started having this issues until yesterday and out of the blue, I start the car and get the message that Driver Assistance features are not available. Strangely, the AP icon still appeared on the dash, and I was able to activate it, which made the error message go away and all worked as normal.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
I seriously never started having this issues until yesterday and out of the blue, I start the car and get the message that Driver Assistance features are not available. Strangely, the AP icon still appeared on the dash, and I was able to activate it, which made the error message go away and all worked as normal.

You are lucky. I get it about 4-5 times a week. Once it comes it takes forever to go away. Seems like it gets better during the day sometimes. It tries to go away once I start driving(I start seeing the road lines and speed limit) and then stupid message stays put until the afternoon. Oh well. Hopefully getting fixed soon.

You are lucky. I get it about 4-5 times a week. Once it comes it takes forever to go away. Seems like it gets better during the day sometimes. It tries to go away once I start driving(I start seeing the road lines and speed limit) and then stupid message stays put until the afternoon. Oh well. Hopefully getting fixed soon.

I see this exact behavior. It doesn't seem to be universal, though.