Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's Clear Things Up; How do you keep your white seats clean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got issues with the black dye from my pants or something, stains the white seats. I used isopropyl alcohol a few times, but now it's not working. Bleach didn't either. I'm about fed up. I thought these seats would be a bit more durable...

Very hard to see... I tried to take pictures of the lower back, which is where it's most prevelant. They don't show.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 162
Once every 1 to 6 months I take the child seats out and clean everything...

I'm kind of a stickler for no food in the car (usually), no stains so far. I've got a (almost) 2 year old and a 4 year old and we take my car every possible time. The alternative is my wife's minivan, which I used to think was ok, but not so much after getting the Tesla.

We've been on one ~2k mile road trip. Car did great. Kids were losing it by the end, not that I blame them.

I just use a damp microfiber towel.

Who said bleach was okay? Clorox is a brand name. Not an ingredient.

The coating of the seats with whatever is still at your own risk, but I can see it stopping some things from being absorbed.

If you don’t wear jeans that rub off a lot (like new ones) then the counter wipes (Clorox, etc) and water may be all you need. That’s works for me on my cream seats.

Of course for new seats and/or kids and heavy use, you may need to get more drastic. Trevor’s ceramic treatment seems to have worked well also.

(Other option is to get black seats; I still think white is too light. :D)

The manufacturers of polyurethane seats say bleach is OK. I’d dilute it to the minimum effective concentration, though.

And from this list I use the following: Isopropyl alcohol but I dilute it down a bit and keep it in a spray bottle in my trunk. I also use a white waffle weave microfiber cloth because those seem to scrub better and you can see if dirt/jean transfer is coming off your seats. Over 23,000 miles and my seats look really good.

I do plan on ceramic coating them next week though just to be safe with CarPro CQuartz Leather because others have had success with it... or at least it did not screw their seats up.

In the "normal" car trade -- leather seats -- baby wipes are a no-no because they are "alkaline" to deal with the acidic effects of what comes out of a baby. So, I wouldn't touch them for our seats. Also, anti-bacterial wipes, though they may clean seats, help spread "superbugs" (obviously). Strange but True: Antibacterial Products May Do More Harm Than Good

I've just tried a Lexol cleaner which seems to work, but will check out the posted list.

Lexol | Lexol

Last edited:
I got issues with the black dye from my pants or something, stains the white seats. I used isopropyl alcohol a few times, but now it's not working. Bleach didn't either. I'm about fed up. I thought these seats would be a bit more durable...
I got some magic marker on my white seat. The Adams interior cleaner I normally use would not touch it, I felt bad for more carelessness. Magic eraser (generic) removed it in a few gentle wipes.