Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's dispell some wrong assumptions about Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#5 ) Is starting to sound a bit like dot-com bubble talk :rolleyes: looks like you replied to my post point for point... seems like your thinking i am am a naysayer :confused:.... if you read original question it was why all the M3 anti-selling from Telsa ... I do like your responses for the bull case however ... go Tesla!!!!
#5 is the "Apple" philosophy - concentrate on making the best product you can instead of the most profitable. Seems to have worked out for them (and is working for Tesla).

#5 is the "Apple" philosophy - concentrate on making the best product you can instead of the most profitable. Seems to have worked out for them (and is working for Tesla).

I disagree. Apple has gone "the most profitable" route, no longer making the best products. The touch bar on the new Macbook Pros are widely panned as inferior to the plain old F-keys they replaced. Dongle hell. Removal of the headphone jack (which provided little to no benefits).

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
#5 ) Is starting to sound a bit like dot-com bubble talk :rolleyes: looks like you replied to my post point for point... seems like your thinking i am am a naysayer :confused:.... if you read original question it was why all the M3 anti-selling from Telsa ... I do like your responses for the bull case however ... go Tesla!!!!
I wasn't sure if you were a Naysayer or not. I gave the same replies to such listings as I have for over three years now. You don't have to believe me, but it's true. Take a look at the founding charter for Tesla and their SEC filings. They make no claims of immediate dividends for shareholders and are specific that they will be turning profits back into the company for years to come. That is perfectly honest and straightforward. You pays your money, you takes your chances. TSLA closed over $359 today. Five years ago it was at $30.00 -- make of that what you will.

As for the 'dotcom bubble' reference...? Whatever. I worked for one of those e-commerce companies back then, and I can tell you for certain the problem was the snakes in the den, the so-called 'angel' investors, who were really all devils. Those guys made money 200:1 on the IPO alone, then made about six times more than that by 'running up the score', then made even more money by pulling the rug out from under the company and shorting it down to nothing. I just wish the CEO had better 'partners' back then, because the company was a great idea and worked well.

Reactions: JeffK