Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's go round again...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems we already have our share of complainers and trolls.

It might be easier if everyone thinks we will be getting a super expensive electric golf cart with a knock off iPad duct taped to the center. If we set our expectations really low then we will be presently surprised instead of finding things to nitpick about.

Given that the linked thread started and ended 3.5 years before the Model X actually launched, I think we're already way past that point (in terms of reactions and complaints about the design) for the Model 3. ;)

Car was revealed only last year, we're presumably just a month away from launch and we still hear about:
  • No HUD
  • No hatch
  • No grille
  • Wood trim
  • Glass roof
  • iPad on a stick
  • No instrumentation behind steering wheel
  • Wheel designs
  • Steering wheel design
  • Too big
  • Too small
  • "Model S/X has it, why not the Model 3? It can't possibly be that expensive to include."
  • "That can't possibly be the final (fill in the blank). Elon will surprise us in the final reveal."
  • "Yes, I knew what the car looked like when I reserved, but I was hoping it would change before it was finalized. Really disappointed it hasn't and am canceling my reservation. Buying (fill in the blank) instead."

Last edited:
Car was revealed only last year, we're presumably just a month away from launch and we still hear about:
  • No HUD
  • No hatch
  • No grille
  • Wood trim
  • Glass roof
  • iPad on a stick
  • No instrumentation behind steering wheel
  • Wheel designs
  • Steering wheel design
  • Too big
  • Too small
  • "Model S/X has it, why not the Model 3? It can't possibly be that expensive to include."
  • "That can't possibly be the final (fill in the blank). Elon will surprise us in the final reveal."
  • "Yes, I knew what the car looked like when I reserved, but I was hoping it would change before it was finalized. Really disappointed it hasn't and am canceling my reservation. Buying (fill in the blank) instead."
solar roof
spaceship feel
delivery priority
no options at first
not enough colors

• Helpful
Reactions: 03DSG
"I am pretty sure it will come fully equipped for 35k, else all options will be 10% what they are on a Model S. Because scale!"

"you can easily make each car with XXX kWh and 2 femto seconds 0-60, just..."

"They can't just make it as bad as it is on the Model S/X, we mass market customers have way higher expectations. And scale!!!!"

"But Elon said:..."