Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's have a discussion about center console options....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now it's official, there is an "Integrated Center Console" available on the official Tesla Accessories website.

This unit is a complete, one piece center console that goes from under the touch screen, back to the rear seat vents; and it has two rear cupholders.

It's unknown how many refreshed Model S's made it into the wild with this exact console minus the rear cup holders, and it's still unknown if this is the same unit that will be included going foreword (I think it is).

Here are the groups of people that should care about this:

If you have a pre March refresh Model S and you have never purchased the discontinued "Premium Center Console", then this is now your only option for center area storage from Tesla.

If you have had any aftermarket center console installed Tesla or otherwise, you can still purchase this one piece unit if you (a) want rear cup holders or (b) don't like your current solution.

If you have a premium console already and you want the new one, there are many on here that would buy yours; 600 is way less than 1200. And my understanding is that Tesla will still do the swap and may even do the shipping in some cases.

If you decide to get this Integrated Console, you will be left with your armrest tower but sans facia piece (piano black, carbon fiber, etc) and both armrests. These pieces are transplanted too the new console. However, you have every right to keep the old pieces for whatever reason, including the ability to revert back later and resell.

Hope that helps anyone looking to upgrade as well as encourage people to make trades so supply can meet demand.

I am eager to see what comes of this thread. I would like a center console, but have no idea which one to go after.

I think it comes down to two things, in order. Can you find the Premium Center Console drop-in from another owner that already has one? Maybe. The thing to read between the lines is, Tesla has thought it was important enough to make a center console standard either because the after-market option was so popular and/or the feedback from new owners stated that the car was really lacking without it. So that being the case, a current owner is unlikely to get rid of their console UNLESS they plan on purchasing this new item.

So if you can't find a used PCC, then you need to ask yourself if $1200 is worth it to you for covered center storage and 4 additional cupholders.

I prefer my revozport entertainment console, keeps the kids busy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 113
One small detail to be aware of is that the cellphone dock kit is a separate option for an additional $50....Seems a bit odd to me, but it does give a buyer the flexibility to avoid giving up one of the front USB ports.

I'm in, placed order for the center console for our Sig MS now with over 43,000 miles. Held off all these years, I actually preferred the open space, but since took delivery of the Model X with center console my wife, who prefers the MS, now wants a center console. And I have to admit enjoying it in the MX.

I'm in, placed order for the center console for our Sig MS now with over 43,000 miles. Held off all these years, I actually preferred the open space, but since took delivery of the Model X with center console my wife, who prefers the MS, now wants a center console. And I have to admit enjoying it in the MX.

Something I have noticed as almost an immutable fact; women prefer the open space in the S, men prefer the center console (since it's not socially acceptable to carry around a purse).

Something I have noticed as almost an immutable fact; women prefer the open space in the S, men prefer the center console (since it's not socially acceptable to carry around a purse).
Not a fact at all.

True, the yacht floor is handy for purses but many of us (women) want the console because we want more storage in the Tesla. Elon made that point when he discussed the appeal of the Model X.

(Most of those on TMC complaining about the open space going away were men but it is not an immutable fact that men prefer open space. There are simply more men on TMC than women.)

Ok. I just had a huge email discussion with the local Tesla Service Center people.

They are saying that the $1250 Model S Integrated Center Console does not have rear cupholders despite what the description and pictures say.

Either they are confused and have no idea what the mothership is doing or they know that the Tesla Shop site is not accurate.

We have seen pics of a delivered console with the rear cup holders. It showed up before the website updated. It is very possible the people you have talked too haven't seen one yet, and Tesla caused the confusion in the first place by claiming the cup holders under the arm rests were supposed to be the rear ones since there are clearly new real rear cup holders

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
All this information discrepancy from Tesla people is getting very annoying. I just want those rear cupholders. My car was delivered with the new console but without the cupholders. I'm not sure what's true anymore.

Mine went into production on Friday and I might not get them either, you never know when the parts make it into the production line

Ok. I just had a huge email discussion with the local Tesla Service Center people.

They are saying that the $1250 Model S Integrated Center Console does not have rear cupholders despite what the description and pictures say.

Either they are confused and have no idea what the mothership is doing or they know that the Tesla Shop site is not accurate.

Zero offense to the service center people, but they aren't the first to know about these things. In fact, they are notified only shortly before/at the time changes are made online in some cases.

I confirmed both with merchandise/website and with mothership service about the rear cupholders being part of the item shipped via the accessories website. I didn't inquire nor care quite honestly what was coming in the new models being produced. My assumption on that is as soon as integrated console no cupholder stock runs out, new production models will have rear cupholders.