Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's provide Tesla Feedback for Refresh Model S/X Boost Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've always heard Tesla listens to it's customers feedback. Many of the owners of the new refreshed Model S/X Long Range have noticed that the initial launch seems soft and is likely being held back. I would like to provide Tesla some feedback to release an update or an option to improve it.

What is the best way to do this? On their website the contact us does not seem to have an easy way to provide feedback. Tesla SSO - Sign In

Who else would be willing to also provide this feedback? The more they hear the more likely they would be willing to do this. Thanks!

Reactions: drunkenbuda
I've always heard Tesla listens to it's customers feedback

Where have you "always heard" this? Tesla removed its forums, got rid of its press department etc. While some people inside tesla do read forums to see if there are things that are "blowing up", tesla does not appear in the slightest to be interested in receiving feedback like you suggest, and that is pretty well known / visible.

Where have you "always heard" this? Tesla removed its forums, got rid of its press department etc. While some people inside tesla do read forums to see if there are things that are "blowing up", tesla does not appear in the slightest to be interested in receiving feedback like you suggest, and that is pretty well known / visible.
I’m pretty critical, but from my viewpoint they are more receptive to crowdsourced ideas than other companies, particularly with the software upgrades.

Joe mode, the games, and the turn signal blind spot cameras come to mind. They also standardized dual-pane glass due to wind noise complaints.

Most auto companies seem to provide lip service at best when it comes to customer feedback.

Reading some articles about many feedback items and how Tesla incorporated them. Even something recent like the horn on the yolk and Tesla made it so you can put your whole palm on the right side.

There must be a way for feedback....

Tesla already offers a 300+ hp boost for about $30k. Seems like a pretty good deal. 🤪
If I could get it via software update I would but don’t think the 3rd motor can be downloaded 🤣

I have an X LR and only reason I didn’t get the Plaid was the 6 seat configuration is not versatile. It doesn’t fold down and what good is an SUV that can’t carry much. Not to mention my dogs can actually use a bench seat much better!

Money wasn’t an issue. Now I have the LR and would like to get the best performance possible.

How about 100hp for $10k via a software update. :)

Or just unlock the launch. Almost certain it’s being held back.

If I could get it via software update I would but don’t think the 3rd motor can be downloaded 🤣

I have an X LR and only reason I didn’t get the Plaid was the 6 seat configuration is not versatile. It doesn’t fold down and what good is an SUV that can’t carry much. Not to mention my dogs can actually use a bench seat much better!

Money wasn’t an issue. Now I have the LR and would like to get the best performance possible.

How about 100hp for $10k via a software update. :)

Or just unlock the launch. Almost certain it’s being held back.

I don't know anything about the X. The Plaid X doesn't have a folding back seat or the same number of seats as the X LR? Is this because of the third motor placement?

....and 100hp for $10k would be AMAZING! They should offer a boost for both lines, LR and Plaid. I'd get it for sure.

I don't know anything about the X. The Plaid X doesn't have a folding back seat or the same number of seats as the X LR? Is this because of the third motor placement?

....and 100hp for $10k would be AMAZING! They should offer a boost for both lines, LR and Plaid. I'd get it for sure.
Model X comes in a few different seat arrangements: 5, 6 and 7 seat. In the Plaid version, only the 6 is available. This has captains chairs in the 2nd row which don’t fold. In the LR version all of the arrangements are available.

It might possibly have something to do with the extra motor as the 5/7 seat have a bench seat in the second row and maybe the mounts/supports are interfering? Either that or it’s just to streamline production with less options.

Some also feel that the LR is being held back on the launch as to make the Plaid version look even faster. After having driven the LR it’s got great power after 30mph but it’s soft from 0-30.

I would like my refreshed MS LR to just run the times I was promised by Tesla. My 0-60 isn't even close to 3.1. I would like for it to run pretty close to the claimed 3.1 and then add boost. Right now my M3 LR w/boost is very close to my MS LR 0-60.

Would be awesome if they offered a "Ludicrous" upgrade option from Insane mode. I'm going to try to use twitter to provide feedback. The Long Range models have crept up in price more than the Plaid (at least for Model X). The Model X configured in exactly the same way as the Plaid is only a $10k difference. It used to be $30k.

That being said the ONLY difference between the two is the rear motor setup. I believe someone looked it up and the Plaid motor costs about $6k more than the LR one. So perhaps $10k difference is actually where it should have been to begin with.