Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets see some different aftermarket wheels

dale_cooper

Dec 5, 2018
Columbus, OH
Finally - car delivered, wheels mounted. Some serious drama the past several days as I actually took delivery of a different model Y than I ordered (blue)... but I think it all worked out and the white is drama free and I saved some money.

Claybar, polish, coated.

20 x 8.5" r241. These weighed 26lbs before mounting the 255/40/20 quatrac pros. Quatrac sidewalls and tread look sorta beefy, looks good with the model Y quasi-suv vibe.

tesla_roof.jpg

tesla_side.jpg

Attachments

• tesla_rear.jpg
    tesla_rear.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 36

TinkyWinks

Nov 27, 2020
Bay Area
Which aftermarket lug nuts did folks go with if the stock ones didn’t work? Not sure if the wheels I got will be compatible with the oem ones and want to order ahead if that’s the case.

T3$lamody

Nov 6, 2020
Canada
Pardon my ignorance, if one orders a MY with 20" wheels, does it mean the snow tire wheels also need to be 20" wheels or could I get 19" wheels for the winter?
Thanks

M3noob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
Pardon my ignorance, if one orders a MY with 20" wheels, does it mean the snow tire wheels also need to be 20" wheels or could I get 19" wheels for the winter?
Thanks

Not ignorant. Good question for a prospective owner.

Wheel size can be changed.

You would need to reconfigure the car's wheels using the screen.

It will remind you ;-)

derichio02

Apr 6, 2019
California
What is the load rating of the factory wheels? Im looking at a set that has a 750kg/1650 load rating but wondering how that would compare to stock and if it would affect towing capacity(if I ever Tow)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC