Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's see stone paint chip photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's see Model S stone paint chip photos

I've been reading recently all about people getting their cars or part of their cars wrapped with paint protection film. Sometimes people get it for piece of mind. Other times people get it done because they have experienced stone chips. The thing that stood out at me was I did not see any photos at all of chipped paint.

Please share any pics you have of stone/paint chips on your car. Let's not turn this into a debate about wrap, there are plenty of those threads already :tongue: and after all it is a personal decision.

Edit: Sorry, meant I wanted to see Model S pics.

Last edited:
Well this is what my 15 year old 1999 Lexus GS400 looked like after 171k miles. If you look at the full sized image you'll see them along the front edge of the hood.

IMG_3218.JPG

This is a strike I got on my S85 but it was wrapped and didn't penetrate the wrap. 100% positive it would have been a very nasty looking mark on the car otherwise:
Already Got a Rock Strike

First paint chips that I found while hand washing after a few months of ownership. Located on the lower-right rear passenger door.
IMG_20150418_201541.jpg

Another couple that I found while washing I think in the fall. By far the worst of them.
IMG_20150418_201251.jpg

Found this one today on the first hand wash of the season. Located on the hood near the windshield on the driver side. It's the larger speck slightly down and right of center.
IMG_20150418_201447.jpg

It kind of sucks, but I don't freak out over these things. I bought this car for functional reasons, not to show it off. Some touch-up paint and those chips will disappear. I have been thinking of ways to protect it better and make cleaning easier, most likely a wrap, perhaps with a different color like ocean blue.