Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's See Your Charging Setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured it would be nice to see peoples charging setups. Gives others ideas on how to set theirs up. Any type of installation is more than welcome, 120v to wall chargers or anything that floats your boat. Ideally a picture of plugged in and not plugged in.

Here is mine, wall connector in a really convenient place. Long enough to be used outdoors by backing the car towards the garage door. Put a cheap plastic universal charge cord hanger by the garage door outside to hang the cord if I keep her out come summer.

Went with the Chargepoint Flex since my utility was offering a $500 rebate along with a $0.05/kWh overnight discount.

Attachments

• 20200617_174643.jpg
    20200617_174643.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 284
Anybody have, or have pics, of a ceiling mounted solution?

I’ve been lazy and just using the included mobile connector and 110v outlet since I can charge for free at work most of the week, but looking at a nice ceiling mount solution to copy bc I’m starting to get annoyed of the cable on the ground

Just a Mobile Connector hung from some J-hooks and plugged into a 14-50. I figured a 14-50 was more future-proof than getting a wall connector, and a couple hundred cheaper. Although I just ordered a second MC so I don't have to unplug this one when I go on a long-distance trip; that will end up making it about equal in cost. I still think this is more generic when I sell the house, and it's plenty fast for me.

There's another 14-50 on the adjacent wall with a Clipper Creek box for the Bolt.

upload_2021-1-14_18-4-20.jpeg

Reactions: DanDi58
Primary inside.

Secondary outside, but this one is 12 amps 240 volts as we only have a 100 amp service and the electrician said that the panel is now maxed.

I used to live in a 100 year old house, which I loved, but I sure don't miss the ancient wiring and 125 A service. New house has 400 A; I could run everything at once (including heat pumps, h/w, hot tub, oven, and both cars charging) and still not max the panel!

I used to live in a 100 year old house, which I loved, but I sure don't miss the ancient wiring and 125 A service. New house has 400 A; I could run everything at once (including heat pumps, h/w, hot tub, oven, and both cars charging) and still not max the panel!

Nice. This is a condo about 24 years old. The panel is adequate for a condo this side. Especially now since we are a 1 car family. Woohoo. :). (Early retirement at 58).

Man, it is clear some of you guys do NOT have kids! :D These are some of the cleanest garages I've seen.

Here's my setup, pulled from a dedicated 40a circuit. I had hoped the cord would be longer but it is adequate. I like to park nose in, and it reaches the charge port easily. If I leave the car outside, I back into the drive (but I rarely do that).

File_000.jpeg
File_001.jpeg
File_002.jpeg

Looking at some of these photos, seems the new Tesla chords are pretty miniscule in comparison to some of those non Tesla chords posted above. Wonder why...humm?

Charge Point flex, hardwired for 48 amp charging. Was a pain when I had it installed for a previous car as it is in a detached garage and is almost 100ft from the panel with buried conduit. I purposely had it installed with the 60amp breaker and 6 gauge wire to future proof it as my Chevy Bolt couldn’t take full advantage of the 48 amp charging. I never want to touch that wiring again lol $$$
E3B383DB-5B1F-4B15-AB1D-5FDBE223AF77.jpeg

Anybody have, or have pics, of a ceiling mounted solution?

I’ve been lazy and just using the included mobile connector and 110v outlet since I can charge for free at work most of the week, but looking at a nice ceiling mount solution to copy bc I’m starting to get annoyed of the cable on the ground

ceiling is the way to go! Everything is out of the way, and retractor cord pulls the cable up and out of the way when not in use. I put in a 240v outlet and use the mobile connector.
F25C4B15-3E28-4091-A84A-8D3EA4C1369A.jpeg
C505D40E-56DC-4D26-975E-2D04CD42277B.jpeg