Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets see your garage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG

Here's my mess of a garage. 3 kids take up a lot of space. Used to have a 4 post lift but it was in the way more than useful.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    372.3 KB · Views: 74
View attachment 210855 View attachment 210858

Here's my mess of a garage. 3 kids take up a lot of space. Used to have a 4 post lift but it was in the way more than useful.
Did you make the pulley rig for the bike or is it available commercially? The only place to keep our bikes out of the way is up on hooks. The problem is my wife and the kids can't get them down (or up), so they usually end up in the way. A pulley system would solve that problem.

Love this garage for these features:
* deep enough for storage shelves/cabinets and a work area between workbenches.
* cubbyholes on the right for lawn and garden gear, a table saw and an emergency generator
* electric entry on the left for shortest possible run to the NEMA14-50 right below it.
* room for grandbaby's stroller on the right.
* space for Ryobi electric yard tools including lawn mower at far right.
• epoxy floor finish was installed Sept. 2016.
* foreground concrete apron was cut out and repoured Nov 2017 (photo pending).

IMG_0555.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Did you make the pulley rig for the bike or is it available commercially? The only place to keep our bikes out of the way is up on hooks. The problem is my wife and the kids can't get them down (or up), so they usually end up in the way. A pulley system would solve that problem.

Bike pulley: RAD Cycle Products Heavy Duty Bike Lift Hoist For Garage Storage 100lb Capacity Mountain Bicycle Hoist Amazon.com: RAD Cycle Products Heavy Duty Bike Lift Hoist For Garage Storage 100lb Capacity Mountain Bicycle Hoist: Home Improvement

If you go with this one I'd recommend mounting to an 8' 2x4 and then securing that to the ceiling rafters. Was a bit of a pain to figure out at first but you only need to install it once.

Bike pulley: RAD Cycle Products Heavy Duty Bike Lift Hoist For Garage Storage 100lb Capacity Mountain Bicycle Hoist Amazon.com: RAD Cycle Products Heavy Duty Bike Lift Hoist For Garage Storage 100lb Capacity Mountain Bicycle Hoist: Home Improvement

If you go with this one I'd recommend mounting to an 8' 2x4 and then securing that to the ceiling rafters. Was a bit of a pain to figure out at first but you only need to install it once.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. These bikes have been driving me nuts!

Well. Heres our little garage. Little town house so.....

The sad part is we don't own a Tesla. Why. Because they are expensive here in Canada and it just isn't in the budget till the mortgage is paid off in about 3 to 4 years. But we are an all EV family. 2015 smart ED convertible and 2016 NIssan Leaf. Someday though. And for that I hang around this board...and learn and learn and learn.

28192553533_6340809a87_k.jpg