Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets see your garage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might as well do - it's not like you can go outside. What is it, like -50° there at this time of year? :)
Yah, you can freeze the nuts off a tractor these days!

This morning, I drove over to the local car wash (it's minus 20 celcius outside) at 7:15am, brought two buckets and did a detailed bucket wash (I know the owner and have permission to do so). I'm one of the crazy people who still detail a car in a deep freeze only to go get it dirty again. It's worth it just for the joy of washing :). My dream garage would have the ability to wash inside. I spoke to a builder/client of mine who suggested a sump-pit with drain - love that idea. Also considering a scissor lift so I can easily reach the lower areas and remove wheels for detailing... see how far my budget stretches.

Yah, you can freeze the nuts off a tractor these days!

This morning, I drove over to the local car wash (it's minus 20 celcius outside) at 7:15am, brought two buckets and did a detailed bucket wash (I know the owner and have permission to do so). I'm one of the crazy people who still detail a car in a deep freeze only to go get it dirty again. It's worth it just for the joy of washing :). My dream garage would have the ability to wash inside. I spoke to a builder/client of mine who suggested a sump-pit with drain - love that idea. Also considering a scissor lift so I can easily reach the lower areas and remove wheels for detailing... see how far my budget stretches.

Love all that. When I lived in Chicago the neighbors would make fun and point when I was outside at anything over 32℉ washing my car. Oh how I miss the salt and chemicals.... NOT....

Mike

Looks fantastic! Great motivation for me. :)

I was on the configure yesterday for the floor tiles - what brand did you use?

Anything you would do differently? I was going to look at doing epoxy but considering the climate here and all the snow/slush I'm considering the breathable tiles so water can flow through and drain.

Also you may want to consider parking your car perpendicular to the garage doors - way easier to get in/out! ;)

Hahaha! Yeah, that parallel park job was just for the photo. :)

I used racedeck.com flooring, and then joined garagejournal.com to get an additional discount. I wouldn't do anything differently so far. I'm very happy with the free-flow tiles where I park the cars. Since I wash the car inside the garage with ONR, It's nice that the water doesn't sit on top of the solid tiles. I've heard nightmares about epoxy -- but I went back and forth on that too.

Installation took a few days for me because I didn't want to empty my entire garage. But certainly make the L as the first step. It turns out that the front of my garage is not straight, so I had to adjust it. I would have been in trouble had I not followed their instructions.

Good luck...and I can't wait to see yours!

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Quick picture I found from when I still had my P85D. Waiting on my P100D :)

g3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice trio, @pjk

I kind of miss the look of the nosecone on the Model S - gives it that Maserati front-end from that angle.

How is your floor holding out? I hear hot tires and polished floors isn't a great combo. Looks slick though (and slippery when wet?).

Congrats on owning what many would consider three of the best cars out there.

@pdxgibby - how comfortable and stable is the racedeck free flow tile to walk on - as opposed to the solid? Thinking about the grandkids and dogs as they use the garage when Tessie is not there. Also - is the micropattern I am seeing an "optical contusion" - and that you only used black and dark gray tiles?

Nice trio, @pjk

I kind of miss the look of the nosecone on the Model S - gives it that Maserati front-end from that angle.

How is your floor holding out? I hear hot tires and polished floors isn't a great combo. Looks slick though (and slippery when wet?).

Congrats on owning what many would consider three of the best cars out there.

The floor is actually a metallic epoxy with a strong sealer on top. It holds up pretty well and is not slippery if you add some grit before it goes down.

Last edited:
my-garage_03_03.gif

My favorite ride is actually at my other place (a Ducati Panigale 1299S); the ordering of what I like to ride is Ducati first, 911 Turbo S second, S1000XR third, and P100D fourth (well, the P100D is the family car to shuttle the kids around).

• Love
Reactions: UnpluggedP
@pdxgibby - how comfortable and stable is the racedeck free flow tile to walk on - as opposed to the solid? Thinking about the grandkids and dogs as they use the garage when Tessie is not there. Also - is the micropattern I am seeing an "optical contusion" - and that you only used black and dark gray tiles?

Very stable. You should request a sample of the free-flow in addition to the solid before you purchase. I sent you a PM with more details.

With all these pictures upthread showing garage floors clean enough to eat off of, I want to show what a real garage floor looks like in snow country:

31839152030_5e7cd2830a_z.jpg

Different world.
Cleaner than mine right now!

I was hoping that by doing one of those perforated floor tiles I could let the "junk" go through so I have a more clean look. May still have to do spring cleaning but at least I'm not walking through slush in my garage...

Cleaner than mine right now!

I was hoping that by doing one of those perforated floor tiles I could let the "junk" go through so I have a more clean look. May still have to do spring cleaning but at least I'm not walking through slush in my garage...
My concern is that it might lead to mildew. For some years I tried vinyl flooring and cardboard to catch the slush and mud (I live on a dirt road). But it wouldn't dry out and got mildew underneath. Once I got rid of the ICE car I no longer had to worry about oil drips so I got rid of any floor covering and just hose out the garage each spring (an hours long project because it requires removing everything from the floor first). It's a garage, not a showroom.