TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Let's see your white Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Leftside98, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Leftside98

Leftside98 Member

Hi all,

Recently took delivery my white p85 in December. I've been back and forth between wrapping the chrome accents vs leaving the car completely stock. If I decide to wrap the car, my main concern is the handles. If I wrap the chrome accents in black, I don't know if I should wrap the door handles in white, black or leave them chrome.

All white model S owners who have chrome accent wraps, let's see what you've got!

2. lloyds

lloyds Member

3. sickfox

sickfox Member

leftside: i wrapped mine with satin pearl white vinyl and wrapped the chrome window sidings with matte black vinyl. Here you go:

20141220_214614.jpg

20141220_214312.jpg

4. gdavison

gdavison Member

perfect timing on this thread .. Also been considering de chroming the car with Black wrap .. Also had wondered about wrapping the black solid plastic "radiator grill" in white and the chrome bits on that into black as well

• Funny x 1
  5. Leftside98

Leftside98 Member

sickfox: thanks for the pics. I actually really like the white satin on the handles. but i have the plain white. any suggestions for this color?

6. sickfox

sickfox Member

I save random pictures of Model Ss. Here's some of them and their owners.

gdavison - Search for Tsportline. They have a white car with white nosecone. I'm still not sure if i want the chrome pieces in the front nosecone wrapped in black. To me, it looks like a big hole in front of the car…. we'll see.

Here's one from Logan. He matched the top part of the nosecone with the color of the car. Now it looks like it's part of the Frunk. I like this one better than the whole blacked out nose cone.
    hxvHXZ0.jpg

xc0zze7.jpg

leftside - i have a pearl white and my door handles are satin pear white. the color is off by around 2%. It came out nice because it's a small piece and it's a subtle change in color that highlights the hidden door handles.

You have a white car and if you wrap it with white vinyl, it will completely blend in with the door. All you see is the outline of the door handle. if that's what you're aiming form, it will look really nice. When you go to a shop that does the wrap, ask for some swatches and some pics of their previous work. Or if you know photoshop… :wink: That will give you an idea of the look you're going for. Good luck!

7. Leftside98

Leftside98 Member

Sickfox: you nailed it on the head. I wanted white vinyl for the blended look, but after seeing yours I do not know what I want anymore... I know that with a white car, my color options for highlighted handles are limited. I do not really like the black handles look either, so I'll most likely go with with white vinyl. Logan's car is beautiful, but it requires more money and time than willing to put into it

I've come across your username in these forums many times while doing my specific searches. I think we both took delivery of white P85s at a similar time, so I've been monitoring your activity in case you notice something before I do. :biggrin:

I had the same concerns over the LEDs, so I just ordered the Abstract Ocean LEDs.

I plan on dechroming within the next couple weeks, so I'll update with pics soon.

8. Ringo Kwok

Ringo Kwok Member

Here is my one
    10294469_10205908712505022_3942475506707799699_n.jpg 10603704_10205908713105037_7058981251468251596_n.jpg 10940529_10205908712865031_6409832956571913062_n.jpg

9. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

that looks tacky

the nosecone is separated from the hood therefore it should not be the color of the hood, doesn't even look right either.

10. REBroker

REBroker Member

#10 REBroker, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  11. Ringo Kwok

Ringo Kwok Member

I just ask the shop paint the lower trim to body color, that is it.

The wheel is ADV.1 21"

The shape of Model S already look good

12. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

13. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

^ middle version looks nice.

14. REBroker

REBroker Member

Nice! I may look into that. Is your color white or pearl white? I hear pearl is tough to match, I suppose since this is a whole piece it shouldn't be as big of an issue. Thanks again.

15. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

This is the reason I decided not to get a white car. It just doesn't look good with the chrome accents (not enough contrast). If I did have a white car, I would wrap the chrome either black or white... probably black to get the contrast. I have had other white cars but they all have had black accents and looked great.
    Black Plastidip is supposed to work well or you can choose your favorite plastic wrap.

16. logan

logan Member

#16 logan, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    Opinions are like..... :biggrin:

Anyways, here's a couple other photos to contribute to the thread (now with a T Sportline spoiler).

zPpzgW9.jpg AbSygsS.jpg dP6NZOF.jpg

fC4DFYW.jpg

edit:

LOVE IT!

17. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

forgive me if it was said already, but what color option is this? now that brown is gone i have to start looking at the other offerings and this looks very nice.

18. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My guess is that is Pearl White, not the standard (no extra cost) white.

The Pearl White is gorgeous.

19. DA808EV

DA808EV Member

I wanted to wrap my MS in matte black or grey and also considered the 3M matte blue metallic, but after seeing your satin white MS thread I cant decide what I want to do..... One of the best looking Teslas on here Logan.

20. logan

logan Member

Originally the standard gloss white. I wanted to wrap the car in Satin Guard to both protect the paint and for the satin finish. But because I wanted the lower rocker panels to match, we would have to first sand down all the rocker panels, paint them, let the paint cure, and then wrap them in Satin Guard. So instead of dealing with that hassle, the car is wrapped in Satin Pearl White. Much simpler. :)

Thank you. I've seen one in the 3M Matte Blue Metallic; it's definitely beautiful!