Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's see your white Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@REBroker - Panels have to be removed in order for it to be done right. Shop around and look for paint shops that have experience with Teslas and compare prices. In my case, I asked for assistance in TMC (see original thread here) and one of the sponsors helped me out. After we picked the shop, I was told that there was going to be some extensive work to remove some of the panels.

Below are the before and after shots. :love:

Front, Side, Rear Panels removed:
WIN_20150223_142134.jpg

WIN_20150220_121227.jpg

WIN_20150220_121136.jpg

Finished Product!
Tesla-Model-S-P85-Ben-Revzin-2015-1024x683.jpg

Tesla-Model-S-P85-on-HRE-rear-Koncept-Cars-1024x683.jpg

Those of you that had your bottom trim painted, can you tell me if they had to remove the parts or were they just painted in place by taping/covering the other areas? Reason I ask is because I got an estimate but the shop says they have to remove the front and back bumpers and the rear doors, in order to remove the bottom panels, then prime, sand and paint the parts and put everything back in. Obviously that's a lot of work and the estimate is more than double what Jerry paid in New York of all places (assuming a bit here, hope you don't mind :). The shop is reputable and they do a lot of work with Tesla and other high end cars.

In any case, your help is greatly appreciated as I really want to get this done sooner rather than later.

@REBroker What city in FL are you located in? We have authorized dealers nationwide that might like to bid on a simple r&r paint project.

Thanks guys, you're awesome! Here we don't seem to have many shops familiar with Tesla's, the one I found quoted me $2,700 after a discount, should I keep looking/shopping around? I could call other nearby cities if it means saving a grand i the process.

I paid $1200 for my paint job. Shop around and/or ask for help from sponsors like Tsportline or TMC members who have done the paint job. I suggest posting it it TMC > North America > Floria section. $2,700 seems high for me. When I was looking for shops, Tesla was not even on their database so a lot of them didn't want to take on the project and some just pretended that they have experience with our car. You can tell that they were fishing for info during the conversation.

Good luck and post pictures of your finished project. Looking forward for pictures. :biggrin:

Thanks guys, you're awesome! Here we don't seem to have many shops familiar with Tesla's, the one I found quoted me $2,700 after a discount, should I keep looking/shopping around? I could call other nearby cities if it means saving a grand i the process.

Anyone willing to help with this? I'm still working on the saga of getting my lower trim painted body-color. I got a recommendation from Tsportline, awesome shop BTW, but pricing was along the same lines as the previous shop I had inquired with. So working with that previous shop, he sent the following message to me this morning:

"Good morning---I spoke to the owner of our company and he wants to work with you on price as discussed. Do you have access to what the other Tesla owner paid for their refinish work. Maybe a bill or estimate from the other shop.?
If we see what was done and how much then we will create a repair plan that matches the work and more importantly the price."

Anyone willing to PM me an estimate/receipt of work done so that I may provide to them?

Thanks!

PM sent.

Anyone willing to help with this? I'm still working on the saga of getting my lower trim painted body-color. I got a recommendation from Tsportline, awesome shop BTW, but pricing was along the same lines as the previous shop I had inquired with. So working with that previous shop, he sent the following message to me this morning:

"Good morning---I spoke to the owner of our company and he wants to work with you on price as discussed. Do you have access to what the other Tesla owner paid for their refinish work. Maybe a bill or estimate from the other shop.?
If we see what was done and how much then we will create a repair plan that matches the work and more importantly the price."

Anyone willing to PM me an estimate/receipt of work done so that I may provide to them?

Thanks!

I have a P85 delivered in Oct 2014. I have done a vinyl wrap that eliminates all chrome with black carbon fiber and I love it. I had the Tesla "T" wrapped in RED. If you are in the Bay Area I highly recommend Vinyl Styles in San Carlos/Belmont. That will rock your Model S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!