Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's see your white Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Recently took delivery my white p85 in December. I've been back and forth between wrapping the chrome accents vs leaving the car completely stock. If I decide to wrap the car, my main concern is the handles. If I wrap the chrome accents in black, I don't know if I should wrap the door handles in white, black or leave them chrome.

All white model S owners who have chrome accent wraps, let's see what you've got!

leftside: i wrapped mine with satin pearl white vinyl and wrapped the chrome window sidings with matte black vinyl. Here you go:

20141220_214614.jpg

20141220_214312.jpg

I save random pictures of Model Ss. Here's some of them and their owners.

gdavison - Search for Tsportline. They have a white car with white nosecone. I'm still not sure if i want the chrome pieces in the front nosecone wrapped in black. To me, it looks like a big hole in front of the car…. we'll see.

perfect timing on this thread .. Also been considering de chroming the car with Black wrap .. Also had wondered about wrapping the black solid plastic "radiator grill" in white and the chrome bits on that into black as well

Here's one from Logan. He matched the top part of the nosecone with the color of the car. Now it looks like it's part of the Frunk. I like this one better than the whole blacked out nose cone.
hxvHXZ0.jpg

xc0zze7.jpg

leftside - i have a pearl white and my door handles are satin pear white. the color is off by around 2%. It came out nice because it's a small piece and it's a subtle change in color that highlights the hidden door handles.

You have a white car and if you wrap it with white vinyl, it will completely blend in with the door. All you see is the outline of the door handle. if that's what you're aiming form, it will look really nice. When you go to a shop that does the wrap, ask for some swatches and some pics of their previous work. Or if you know photoshop… :wink: That will give you an idea of the look you're going for. Good luck!

sickfox: thanks for the pics. I actually really like the white satin on the handles. but i have the plain white. any suggestions for this color?

leftside - i have a pearl white and my door handles are satin pear white. the color is off by around 2%. It came out nice because it's a small piece and it's a subtle change in color that highlights the hidden door handles.

You have a white car and if you wrap it with white vinyl, it will completely blend in with the door. All you see is the outline of the door handle. if that's what you're aiming form, it will look really nice. When you go to a shop that does the wrap, ask for some swatches and some pics of their previous work. Or if you know photoshop… :wink: That will give you an idea of the look you're going for. Good luck!

Sickfox: you nailed it on the head. I wanted white vinyl for the blended look, but after seeing yours I do not know what I want anymore... I know that with a white car, my color options for highlighted handles are limited. I do not really like the black handles look either, so I'll most likely go with with white vinyl. Logan's car is beautiful, but it requires more money and time than willing to put into it

I've come across your username in these forums many times while doing my specific searches. I think we both took delivery of white P85s at a similar time, so I've been monitoring your activity in case you notice something before I do. :biggrin:

I had the same concerns over the LEDs, so I just ordered the Abstract Ocean LEDs.

I plan on dechroming within the next couple weeks, so I'll update with pics soon.

I save random pictures of Model Ss. Here's some of them and their owners.

gdavison - Search for Tsportline. They have a white car with white nosecone. I'm still not sure if i want the chrome pieces in the front nosecone wrapped in black. To me, it looks like a big hole in front of the car…. we'll see.

Here's one from Logan. He matched the top part of the nosecone with the color of the car. Now it looks like it's part of the Frunk. I like this one better than the whole blacked out nose cone.
View attachment 69454

View attachment 69455

that looks tacky

the nosecone is separated from the hood therefore it should not be the color of the hood, doesn't even look right either.

This is the reason I decided not to get a white car. It just doesn't look good with the chrome accents (not enough contrast). If I did have a white car, I would wrap the chrome either black or white... probably black to get the contrast. I have had other white cars but they all have had black accents and looked great.
Black Plastidip is supposed to work well or you can choose your favorite plastic wrap.

Opinions are like..... :biggrin:

Anyways, here's a couple other photos to contribute to the thread (now with a T Sportline spoiler).

edit:

LOVE IT!

I wanted to wrap my MS in matte black or grey and also considered the 3M matte blue metallic, but after seeing your satin white MS thread I cant decide what I want to do..... One of the best looking Teslas on here Logan.

forgive me if it was said already, but what color option is this? now that brown is gone i have to start looking at the other offerings and this looks very nice.

My guess is that is Pearl White, not the standard (no extra cost) white.

The Pearl White is gorgeous.

Originally the standard gloss white. I wanted to wrap the car in Satin Guard to both protect the paint and for the satin finish. But because I wanted the lower rocker panels to match, we would have to first sand down all the rocker panels, paint them, let the paint cure, and then wrap them in Satin Guard. So instead of dealing with that hassle, the car is wrapped in Satin Pearl White. Much simpler. :)

I wanted to wrap my MS in matte black or grey and also considered the 3M matte blue metallic, but after seeing your satin white MS thread I cant decide what I want to do..... One of the best looking Teslas on here Logan.

Thank you. I've seen one in the 3M Matte Blue Metallic; it's definitely beautiful!