Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets Show Our Strength at the American Car and Truck Day, Brookline MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is one of the premier auto events in Massachusetts located at Lars Anderson Park and Auto Museum Brookline MA. What a great opportunity to showcase our Model S', we could meet up prior to the event and roll in together, anyone interested? Link below with details.
Next Event: Sunday, July 21, 2013
Event Details: The show starts at 10am and runs until 2pm. Car registration is $20 per car and includes the driver and one passenger. If you pre-register in advance, the fee is reduced to $15 per car
- See more at: American Car and Truck Day | Larz Anderson Auto Museum

American Car and Truck Day | Larz Anderson Auto Museum

Hi Guys,
We're all set to be there, looks like we'll be coming in from the West from 128. If you're meetup location isn't too far out of the way, we would be happy to join you. Please PM me.

I suggest we meet at 9:30 on Lee Street just off Rt 9 next to the Brookline reservoir - the purple pin on attached. Auto museum is at red pin.

matuma7e.jpg

Last edited:
In brief, it was great to show up en masse - my first time in a convoy of MS's - and the four cars in a group got a lot of attention. We probably sold a few I hope.

My first time at a show and learned a few things to make it more interesting/useful. Jeff made up some great flyers to put on the dash and/or hand out. Paul had his lights on which looked nice so I copied him. I left the door open to keep the touchscreen and dash on, and split screen between map and browser open to the "skateboard" photo on Tesla site. I closed my frunk because it had assorted junk in it, and the others were open. Had the jump seats up which got a lot of attention as the only car with them. Also I plugged the UMC into the charge port with the cable and adapters in the footwell so people would really get that it's electric.

usu3a7e7.jpg

Left to right: Jeff, Paul, me, Anthony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Great pic Peter, Deb and I had a blast. Thanks again for Jeff's idea to have a mass arrival so that we were all parked together. This way we were able to spread the load and no one would up losing their voice. Glad to help with the lights. Turns out on our last outing (the Sunday Drive) I was the only one without my DRL's turned on until one of the other guys mentioned it. I will definitely bring my UMC next time and also keep that flyer that Jeff gave out and maybe even add to it. I'll also probably try keeping the screen lit.

Great pic, sorry I couldn't make it.

I had some Tesla brochures when I did the Elm Bank show and they went in about 30 seconds.

Bringing the cable is a must for these things - although I never thought about plugging it in, I just
left it in my frunk. I wonder if some ramps would be good to highlight the under carriage!

/Ed

I asked about brochures when I was at the service center, but they said Tesla no longer prints them because Elon didn't like them - and the whole idea of handing out paper, it seems.

The plug just came up in response to someone's questions. I opened the charge port, got the cable out of the trunk, and then tried out whether I could plug it in unpowered, to demonstrate it. After it engaged fine (though with a warning about no current on the dash) I decided to leave it in - and then it became the focus of attention for many passing by.

It's good to have the frunk open but then you can't show off the car's beautiful lines.

People were generally very respectful of the car, I guess they're used to seeing lovingly preserved/restored vehicles at such shows. I let one family with three small kids who had seen the car in Natick and seemed pretty serious about it try out the jump seats, though asked the dad to put them in and out so they would step on the paint - they were very appreciative. But while that was going on this big guy without asking just opens the door and plops himself in the drivers seat. He didn't say anything when he got out either, and I was still busy with the kids. Annoying, but he was the only one. No one else even asked to sit in it.

Some more pics:

Anthony enjoying Tesla Time while his S.O. (sorry I'm lost on names) touches up the car
by6y3a5e.jpg

zy9azyja.jpg

Paul on Tesla Time
retebe2a.jpg

3y5aja9e.jpg

An early EV in the museum...
sydudu5y.jpg

...and an early EVSE
qurumenu.jpg

Great day, thanks for organizing, Jeff and Anthony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Great meeting other owners, looking forward to other meetups.

There was a better ratio of electric to ICE cars in the museum than there was in the show. One from 1908 and one from 1905.

I think I sold one person on the Model X over his wife's Q7, and I had a couple wives tell me I just cost them a lot of money.

It was great to finally see a MS from the back, while moving.

There were contests for about 15 categories for which we didn't fit into any. Best Ford, Cadillac, Lincoln, Pontiac, Lead Sled, Extinct car, etc. but it was worth it for the publicity. I'm also still in my honeymoon phase with the car, and don't mind talking all day about it.

There were contests for about 15 categories for which we didn't fit into any. Best Ford, Cadillac, Lincoln, Pontiac, Lead Sled, Extinct car, etc. but it was worth it for the publicity. I'm also still in my honeymoon phase with the car, and don't mind talking all day about it.

Well Anthony, I guess that explains why you let us pass you on Route 9 on the way home. :)

There was a better ratio of electric to ICE cars in the museum than there was in the show. One from 1908 and one from 1905.

I think I sold one person on the Model X over his wife's Q7, and I had a couple wives tell me I just cost them a lot of money.

Great meeting you guys, sorry I had to leave early. Did we get any awards? A couple of guys told me they were marking us as Custom cars because nothing fit. I gave that feedback to the organizers for next time - maybe an EV category?

Met one other MS owner, who parked his P85 in the visitor lot as he hadn't thought about exhibiting. As we talked I thought he looked familiar and we eventually figured it out - a college classmate! Small world of Tesla owners.