Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets Show Our Strength at the American Car and Truck Day, Brookline MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the photos! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Safety Issue!

Always bring your UMC to these shows and plug it into the charge port as soon as you get there. Why? Yes, it's a good way to bring attention to the all-electric nature of Model S. More importantly, it's the only way I know of to disable the car! Without it, your S is drivable: if you're standing around with a fob in your pocket talking to visitors, somebody else can sit in the car and put it in drive. The uninitiated have no idea the car is 'on' as soon as they put their butt in the driver's seat. Unlikely? Sure, but just imagine the consequences of an eight year old inadvertently mowing a swath through the assembled crowd.

love the photos! Looks like a good time was had by all.

safety issue!

always bring your umc to these shows and plug it into the charge port as soon as you get there. Why? Yes, it's a good way to bring attention to the all-electric nature of model s. More importantly, it's the only way i know of to disable the car! without it, your s is drivable: If you're standing around with a fob in your pocket talking to visitors, somebody else can sit in the car and put it in drive. The uninitiated have no idea the car is 'on' as soon as they put their butt in the driver's seat. Unlikely? Sure, but just imagine the consequences of an eight year old inadvertently mowing a swath through the assembled crowd.

thanks for this!!!

Great meeting you guys, sorry I had to leave early. Did we get any awards?

Met one other MS owner, who parked his P85 in the visitor lot as he hadn't thought about exhibiting. As we talked I thought he looked familiar and we eventually figured it out - a college classmate! Small world of Tesla owners.

Sorry Peter, they didn't give out any other awards that weren't listed, though I do think there were more of us Tesla's there than any other brand. Great that we were all grouped together. My wife and I took a walk up the hill to the parking lot where the P85 was parked. It would have been really great to see that Pearl next to Anthony's White. I've aways wondered how big the difference was.

Love the photos! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Safety Issue!

Always bring your UMC to these shows and plug it into the charge port as soon as you get there. Why? Yes, it's a good way to bring attention to the all-electric nature of Model S. More importantly, it's the only way I know of to disable the car! Without it, your S is drivable: if you're standing around with a fob in your pocket talking to visitors, somebody else can sit in the car and put it in drive. The uninitiated have no idea the car is 'on' as soon as they put their butt in the driver's seat. Unlikely? Sure, but just imagine the consequences of an eight year old inadvertently mowing a swath through the assembled crowd.

Thanks Steve, I just tried an experiment and with the car UNLOCKED and my wife holding the fob 30 FEET AWAY from the car I was still able to get in, turn the car on and shift into gear.
At the show my wife was curious why I didn't want to sit directly behind Jeff's IH Scout. Sitting there I couldn't see any of our cars. Made me very uneasy.