Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk about the future of Tesla Motors Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would don't see how a sponsor could get rid of freedom of speech.
If they don't like what we say, they can just quit sponsoring.

That's why the car magazines are beholden to big automakers. Ford, GM, Toyota all buy back covers (and ostensibly, front covers) , two page inside spreads, content pages, even multiple pages with each selling a different product line or model. Even Tesla was demanding front cover status for test drives.

Look at how those Auto Magazine "reviews" are written. Never anything bad. At most the criticisms are "levels of good". If a writer has a car that breaks down, falls apart, performs poorly and says so or just says the car sucks, then an editor then rewrites the text. Then if what get published is still too harsh then they get a call from the automaker. You bet they do. Sometimes as you say Clients just stop advertising. (there is a famous story there) These magazines make all their money off ads. Your newsstand or subscription barely buys the ink.

The Truth About Cars, Top Gear and a few others speak their mind. That's why informed people like them.

We have already been boycotted by the very company this site is dedicated to simply by speaking our minds. The idea of being edited to continue a dedicated revenue stream is frightening.

With the September facelift coming up, I thought it might be appropriate to bring this thread up again from over a year ago.

How have opinions changed? Or not?

Is the plan to change around/adjust forums as part of the "new look"?

New header artwork

Since Tesla's site is sporting a new look here are a few submissions for a new TMC website header.

Attachments

• Header9.5.gif
    Header9.5.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Header14.gif
    Header14.gif
    42 KB · Views: 154
  • Header 21.gif
    Header 21.gif
    49.3 KB · Views: 160
A different site I visit a lot is arstechnica.com which is also well run. They started a subscription level with some small perks. Maybe something like that could work here. A lot of people appreciate this site and it that was a way to help support the site, I'm sure some people would be willing to do it. Could be something as minimal as $20 a year and you get a larger number of PMs or something like that. Either way, this is a great site and very well run so I appreciate the work people do to keep this running so well.

People have confused Tesla Motors Club with the official Tesla forum over on their site. To mitigate further confusion and perhaps action from our friends at Tesla Motors, maybe small lettered wording under "TESLA MOTORS CLUB" that says this is a place created by enthusiasts for enthusiasts would be helpful.

I wouldn't want to clutter up such a clean design, but a short 'subtitle', if you will, about what the site is could be added tastefully. Don't ask me for a suggestion, though. I have no taste.