Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets talk extended warranty for Tesla 2020 MSP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically that's true, but we don't act like a warranty with Tesla. You do all of the interaction as usual, simply sending us the estimate and final invoice, and we pay for the covered repairs minus your deductible at vehicle pick up. We pay full rack rate for service, we do not require photos/inspector access and we are pretty transparent to the process. Because we don't hassle them, we are more of a payment service and nobody says no to money :)
So you pay Tesla when I pick up car and all I pay Tesla deductible on pickup? Or am I paying all and you send me a check - deductible or electronic payment? If later how long does that process take?

M

@ Apperception, can you tell us what kind of claim did you have and where did you take it to get fixed?
Got “reduced steering assist” error message on screen and it was really hard to turn; especially at low speed. Followed X-Care instructions and sent them estimate which they promptly approved. At pickup I called X-Care and they gave a credit card number to Tesla service for all but the hundred dollars deductible. No muss no fuss. The rental car was $230 or so and I should receive a check from XC after emailing the receipt.

Got “reduced steering assist” error message on screen and it was really hard to turn; especially at low speed. Followed X-Care instructions and sent them estimate which they promptly approved. At pickup I called X-Care and they gave a credit card number to Tesla service for all but the hundred dollars deductible. No muss no fuss. The rental car was $230 or so and I should receive a check from XC after emailing the receipt.
Glad to provide support, and thanks for supporting us with your experience here on TMC! Have a great day, Brent @ XCare

Good question, happy to help. Our XCare Premium is coming out at the end of the quarter and will include battery and drive unit coverage. The cost of coverage will go up with this coverage included, but it will include these components. Although failure rates on battery and drive units are statistically rare, they are quite costly components, so we anticipate many will opt for this coverage. If you are only planning on keeping the vehicle for a few years, then you will likely remain under Tesla coverage for the time of your ownership, and you should purchase now before the price increase as this coverage will not be necessary for you. Simplified, if you plan on keeping the Model X for three more years, and won't be driving it over 150k miles, buy now. If you want longer coverage (to include battery and drive unit) you can wait and purchase once Premium releases. A third option is to purchase now, and add battery/drive unit at a later date if you intend to keep it past 2026. Happy to talk you through this! Brent

• Informative
Reactions: cbdream99 and vickh
@X-Care EV I have Tesla extended warranty till 2025, I see your extended coverage can be longer than Tesla's 4 years. I am wondering any option for me after that and also with this new battery coverage from xcare. Mine is low mileage 56k now and I don't expect it to gain a whole lot more in the next few years.

@X-Care EV I have Tesla extended warranty till 2025, I see your extended coverage can be longer than Tesla's 4 years. I am wondering any option for me after that and also with this new battery coverage from xcare. Mine is low mileage 56k now and I don't expect it to gain a whole lot more in the next few years.
Happy to help! I would recommend purchasing your XCare coverage 30 days prior to your extended coverage expiring, to ensure no lapse between warranties. As long as your miles at XCare purchase are not over 100k, you will have access to XCare plus battery and drive unit coverage.

Reactions: cbdream99
Just received an email regarding a price increase coming in March. Any idea how much?
For most coverage terms there will be an increase of ~15% if the warranty period will include Battery and Drive unit coverage. If the vehicle is pre-2016, or the coverage will not extend beyond the Tesla Battery and Drive unit warranty, there will also be an increase but no firm details yet.

Greetings TMC! XCare has recently celebrated a milestone with over $1 Million in paid claims, with over 90% paid directly to Tesla!

Why do we celebrate paying that many claims? Because behind every claim is an XCare member who avoided the stress, the financial hardship and the uncertainty involved when something goes wrong with their Tesla!

Since 2019, XCare has been providing world class coverage for our EV community, and we want to thank all of our members on Tesla Motors Club Forum who have trusted us to help them sleep well at night, knowing their car is under our protection. With over $1M in paid claims, we are repaying that trust...every day.

XCare. First, and still the best. www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare for a free online quote.

Last edited:
I have x-care and really like it. I thought it was available in all states, but not sure about that.
My car warranty expired 3.24.2023. I had been in contact with Xcare 6months prior. 2 weeks before expiration I bought a 2 year contract for `$2700-100 for being a TMC member. THREE days before expiry the Head Twit says he'll cover all cars BUT you must buy but expiration date no grace period. I called the XCare guy and said EM is offering 2 years for $1800 for M3. What should I do? Well he said you can cancel as the policy does not take effect for 30 days. I said can you try and do an adjustment. Well, he did. He gave it to me for LESS THAN $1800. I said SOLD. Sent me new contract and I'm good to go for 2 yrs/25K.
And they refunded my credit card within 2 days for the difference. Call them and see what they can do for you

XCare claims it mirrors what Tesla covers. Partial list on its website:

Media Control Unit (MCU)
Onboard Computer System
Suspension (Including Air)
Internal Charger
HVAC System
Autonomous Driving Sensors
Doors Handles/ Falcon Wing Doors
Sunroof
Touchscreens
Actuators
Battery Thermal Management

Tesla's website is clear that:

"You cannot downgrade or upgrade your Extended Service Agreement once you have purchased."
and I was told by the XCare guy Tesla will not extend the warranty you buy from them. They will

Reactions: XCare EV
XCare is having our Semi-annual Virtual Town Hall on Saturday, 5/13 at 11am Central!

During that time, we'll discuss Tesla Service, XCare coverage, our personal histories with Tesla and a comparison between the Tesla ESA and XCare.

We will be encouraging questions throughout, and plan to have an XCare member present their claim experience.

This meeting will be on Zoom, and on camera is encouraged (but not required).

Space is limited, so click on the link to register and secure your spot! XCare EV Virtual Townhall

See you there!

-The XCare team at Xcelerate

Reactions: Gadget-X