Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely will watch this thread. It's time to think more seriously about it. If the Tesla 2.75% ends up being the easiest to get with no hassle so be it, but I'm really hoping that by putting ~20k down and wanting a 4 year loan will get me something like what PenFed has (or hopefully less). I'm shooting for $500/month payments (getting SR w/ PUP and paint). Also don't know how much my 2006 Pontiac G6 will get me, I'm conservatively saying 1k.

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
But you do have a 'down payment' since $1000 deposit and $2500 additional when configuring. That's at least 10% of starting price.

Sounds like you already configured yours and you had to pay $2,500 for the specs you chose? I chose the AWD version, so I'm now waiting for a next step on that, which I don't anticipate for many months. But good to know that there will be more $ out of pocket well before we can expect to see the vehicle itself. ~M

• Funny
Reactions: Lunarx
I got the deal thru Chase at .99% for the "S" but the best I found was with credit unions as both my kids work for two different ones. They are "not for profit " like banks and found depending on score 2.9% for 72 months! Or 2.24% for 60.

So jealous of your loan rates over there, over here Tesla offers 6.95% on a model S, and I'm not aware of any credit union or finance company that'll go below 9%, regardless of your credit rating.

Same here in Canada for regular bank auto loans.

====

I wonder if people are getting discounts off MSRP. There was talk about it before but EM seem to suggest the employees giving out the discount were let go.

Are people seriously considering taking our 60, 72, and 84 month loans? From a personal finance perspective, that is not good, especially for the 84. (Why No One Should Get an 84-Month Car Loan (Ever) - The Simple Dollar)

Absolutely I am. I'm lucky in that I have zero debt right now. I don't need a seven year loan, but my $TSLA stock will grow way faster than my 2% loan rate over seven years. I'd much rather keep the monthly payment in my comfort zone with a long-term loan than having to sell stock.

Are people seriously considering taking our 60, 72, and 84 month loans? From a personal finance perspective, that is not good, especially for the 84. (Why No One Should Get an 84-Month Car Loan (Ever) - The Simple Dollar)

I've always been in the habit of signing the loan for a term that's longer than I need/want, and throwing random extra payments at them as I can. I pay them off early but have the option of cutting back to the minimum payment for a couple of months if unplanned expenses arise.