Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My goal was to get my required payment as low as possible - and pay more than the minimum.

I just got final approval from Triangle Credit Union, 84 months, 4.4%. I could have gotten WAY lower rates but on far shorter terms - and $1000/mo car payments would be too steep for me.

Logix Federal Credit Union in Pasadena quoted me 2.240% for 48 months. I'm leaning towards going with them. Online quote was a speedy process and their rep called me within 5 min of getting approval. 60 day lock once approved.

The terms say “Logix finances vehicles purchased through franchised dealerships only (those affiliated with a major brand such as Ford, Chevy or Toyota). Auto loans are available in AZ, CA, DC, MA, MD, ME, NH, NV, and VA. Please contact us for details.”

So even tho tesla isn’t a dealer they can offer you a loan?

The terms say “Logix finances vehicles purchased through franchised dealerships only (those affiliated with a major brand such as Ford, Chevy or Toyota). Auto loans are available in AZ, CA, DC, MA, MD, ME, NH, NV, and VA. Please contact us for details.”

So even tho tesla isn’t a dealer they can offer you a loan?

According to them it’s all good. I think I was even able to select a Tesla from the pull down menu when I applied.

I got tired of tracking various credit unions and trying to remember which ones had the best rates and whether they were even an option for me, so I made a spreadsheet to track the various financing options, including a column for eligibility (via region as well as URL).

It also shows the loan payment for the various options, so one can easily compare different rates and terms (even if not available to you) which may help folks decide what to look for (and show visually that term matters more than rate).

Feel free to add to this, as editing is enabled in the shared doc: bit.ly/TeslaFinancing

Looks like the 3.25% is where Tesla is at. Ryan over at FPCU must be getting a ton of business right now. At 2.24% (72-month term) they have the lowest rates around (unfortunately I missed out on the 1.99% they were offering last week). CA Credit Union is offering 2.39% but I haven't enjoyed the back and forth with them. Ryan has been good to work with. He seems very busy, but responsive.