Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Xceed asked me to fillout DMV REG 260 power of attorney form to appoint Xceed as my attorney to complete all docs. Is this normal?

If it's like Colorado, the POA should be a limited one allowing them specifically to apply for and receive a title for this specific vehicle on your behalf, and to record a lien on that title.

That's totally normal. If they are asking for a general POA, that's not so normal.

As for rates, I'm likely going through Unify FCU which is offering me 1.74% for 2 years or 2.74% for 3, 4, or five years. That's with up to 100% financed. I used them on a prior vehicle purchase and it was painless.

FPCU sent loan documents to sign where registered owner is me but the legal owner is FPCU. however, nowhere through the doc (that i can find) does it say they're going to remove themselves as legal owner once loan balance is satisfied. has anyone dealt with this? i cant imagine this not being a standard loan document and i'm just not used to reading all this legal info. help!

FPCU sent loan documents to sign where registered owner is me but the legal owner is FPCU. however, nowhere through the doc (that i can find) does it say they're going to remove themselves as legal owner once loan balance is satisfied. has anyone dealt with this? i cant imagine this not being a standard loan document and i'm just not used to reading all this legal info. help!

Update I got approved finally with Lightstream, I'm very happy with my rate and unsecured loan. So I'm basically paying cash in the eyes of Tesla and my insurance company! No lien!
FPCU didn't lock my rate and had to scramble last minute, so glad I found Lightstream thanks to this community.

Reactions: insaneoctane
Update I got approved finally with Lightstream, I'm very happy with my rate and unsecured loan. So I'm basically paying cash in the eyes of Tesla and my insurance company! No lien!
FPCU didn't lock my rate and had to scramble last minute, so glad I found Lightstream thanks to this community.

What rate did you get with Lightstream? The rates look very high.

Edit: I see that they have a Rate Beat, but I wonder if it is gimmicky.

Would you mind sharing your credit score? What score would qualify for an unsecured loan? How much down payment was required, if any?

Thanks and congrats!

Reactions: Pkmmte