Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And there's this little footnote:
The "as low as" rate is reflected as follows: Subtract 0.25% for hybrid/electric vehicles. Add 0.25% for loan-to-value > 80%. Add 1.25% for model years 2007 and older. Add 1.25% for vehicles with more than 125,000 miles.

Which I read as bringing the rates down .25%
I read it the other way around: the stated rates presume a hybrid/EV

Just got my model 3 loan sorted from the "Financing arranged through Tesla." 2.44% for 60 months, 10% down. The lender is Chase. 800ish credit score. No income verification, or extra info. Just basically gave them my name and ss#.

It took about an hour to get a reply after submitting the application. Looking forward to picking up my Model 3 on Thursday.

Just got approved from Logix Federal Credit Union for 2.24% for 60 months. They did have lower rates on the shorter term loans, FYI.

I got declined at first because I had forgotten I had frozen all my credit during the Equifax fiasco earlier. (So the freeze works). Unfroze all three, but they said they use Experian for credit checks, so I guess I could have just thawed that one. Had them re-run over the phone and got approved in short order.

I am still going to get a quote from Tesla as well, we will see if they can match or beat Logix.

Anyone find a better rate than 2.74% for 72 months from a CU that anyone can join?
Depends on your credit score, but UNCLE Credit Union in the Bay Area has rates starting at 2.44% for 72 months. Likely need above an 800 to get that rate.

I'm trying to figure out if I should go for a 24 month loan at 1.44% or sell some stock. 1.44% is pretty damn low.

Reactions: davedavedave
Anyone find a better rate than 2.74% for 72 months from a CU that anyone can join?
If you can do 66 months, this CU does Tesla's at 1.99%:
Tesla Auto Financing - Tech CU

There are some limitations on who can join if you are not local. I got lucky in that my employer does have a location up north and is therefore an affiliated employer, so I qualify for membership down here :) .